Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi All

monotwin

• Noob

Hi everyone, Im new to song stuff and would love some advice. I am running a project studio in London and am about to expand to the protools 003 factory setup with a TL Audio M4 16channel desk. I was using a RME Fireface 800 with PC and Cubase, yamaha 01v digital mixer, but am now on powermac with logic/tools. Basically Im worrid about spending this much money on a desk that only gives me 16 inputs, when I could go for maybe a soundcraft digital desk with, say, 32 channels. I am recording bands as well as composing my own material, so inputs are needed....Any advice would be greatly appreciated on different/similar/cheaper/economical setups

Thanks so much, good to be part of it all

Hi

Welcome to Songstuff! :)

You'll probably get more advice on the recording or gear section of the boards.

I guess I would ask what is the need for the update? What does it give you that you feel you need?

Also, on the other side of the equation is there a big need for more than 16 channels simultaneous input? Ok I understand that more gives you additional flexibility, additional physical controls on mixdown but 16 channels is usually enough to get most band inputs handled.

Cheers

John