Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi Everyone!

Hi everyone!

My name is Clark Ford, and I am a songwriter originally from California, but living in the midwest. I am interested in a wide variety of musical styles, and in learning as much as I can about writing and composing. I have been a lifelong lover of music (classical, rock, jazz, blues, celtic, gospel) but did not write music until this year. I wrote a couple of pieces for church and then this summer I got crazy and wrote a full-length musical -- lyrics, music, and book -- called "1972". My own performance skills are limited which makes it more difficult for my music to be heard. A few of my songs have been performed in church and a staged reading of "1972" was held in October. I have recordings from the "1972" performances and I have also made rough composer demos of my songs and posted them on broadjam.com and some on youtube.

I have much to learn about songwriting and composing, and my learning curve so far has been steep! I am ready for a mentor -- someone who connects with the music and can see the "diamond in the rough" in my songs and performances. In my own mind I hear the music, and I like it (which surprises me!). I would like to develop some of the pieces I have already written, and write more, with better arrangements, performances, structure, lyrics, etc!

Here is a link to one of the songs from "1972", called "You're Missing Me", sung by Erica Fuchs, piano by Clark Wolf: http://www.broadjam.com/search/songs.php?media=you're%20missing%20me