Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello Folks!

JimBruno

Hello Folks,

I'm a San Francisco Bay Area based published songwriter and I currently teach two Online or Live Songwriting classes at Foothill College in Los Altos, California. I teach the 'Songwriters Workshop' (MUS 58A) and 'Music Publishing for Songwriters' (MUS 18). You can learn more about my classes at www.songclasses.com. I also teach two classes in Songwriting at the Freight & Salvage in Berkeley.

I love songwriting! I love the art form itself and I love teaching the subject! I feel very fortunate to be a teacher and look forward to meeting my fellow SongStuff members!

Songs I've written have been recorded and released by Shawn Colvin, Mary Lou Lord, Cliff Eberhardt and Laurie MacAlister. Songs I've co-written have been recorded and released by Chuck Prophet and Thad Cockrell

As a performing songwriter I've performed with or opened shows for the following artists: Shawn Colvin, John Gorka, Charlie Musselwhite, Joe Ely, Greg Brown, Mary Lou Lord, Steve Forbert, Bill Morrissey, Big Twist, and Cliff Eberhardt. I've performed at the Greenwich Village Folk Festival, the Udine Folk Festival in Udine, Italy and has toured five times in Europe. I also played bass, guitar and sang in the Shawn Colvin Band for a number of years and often performed with Shawn as a duet. I recently released my own album of all original songs called ‘Alright Alright’.

I've negotiated and signed numerous song publishing agreements. Among others these publishers include Bug Music and the Welk Music Group in Los Angeles, and Largo Music in New York. In addition I have my own publishing company, Jimmy Bruno Music. As a songwriter I currently have a music publishing agreement with Universal Music Group. I'm an affiliated Publisher and Songwriter with BMI and the Harry Fox Agency. I'm also a voting member of the Recording Academy.

You can check out my website at www.jimbrunomusic.com

Regards,

Jim

Edited by JimBruno

WOW, blown away - seriously. You have to copy all of that into your about me section (please).

I am truly humbled and wish only that I could aspire to what you have achieved.

I'd be honoured if you had the time to take a look at any of my lyrics and tell me where I'm going wrong.

I am so glad you have chosen to join us. Welcome to Songstuff :)

Not bad Jim ;) Welcome to Songstuff! You'll find a good mix of beginners through to label owners, publishers and professional songwriters on here, and our staff are pretty experienced too. All in you should fit in well. :)

WOW, blown away - seriously. You have to copy all of that into your about me section (please).

I am truly humbled and wish only that I could aspire to what you have achieved.

I'd be honoured if you had the time to take a look at any of my lyrics and tell me where I'm going wrong.

I am so glad you have chosen to join us. Welcome to Songstuff :)

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Not bad Jim ;) Welcome to Songstuff! You'll find a good mix of beginners through to label owners, publishers and professional songwriters on here, and our staff are pretty experienced too. All in you should fit in well. :)

Thank you, John!

Hey Jim,

Saw your ad earlier and nearly jumped out of my skin.

I mean, Jimmy Bruno !..... Wow.

Of course, silly me, I was thinking about the other one.

Do you get that confusion very often ?

Welcome

Thanks, Lazz! I used to go by 'Jimmy Bruno' but had to switch to Jim because of the confusion.

Hi Jim, and welcome to the site..

Thanks, Cisco!

Hey Jim.....welcome to the site! :thumbup: Sounds as if you're more-than-qualified for membership-LOL Enjoy the site.

Tom

Thank you, Tom!

Hi Jim, impressive resume! Welcome aboard!

Thanks, Andrew!