Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello Songstuff

Joe51

Hi forum. My name is Joe. I am a Professional Surveyor for a living, and Music has been my only hobby for about 1.3 years now. Of course, I have always enjoyed music, but I did use to have other useless hobbies. The last year or so, I really just cleared the slate so I could focus.

I am a 30 y/o novice guitar player and songwriter. I have written several songs with no training or research (other than learning basics on the guitar), and I hope to improve those based on knowledge provided here.

Sorry my profile is boring... I couldn't quickly find the tools to edit it and I need to get back to work. For a while, I will do more than reading than posting anyway. Just from reading all the pinned topics, this sounds like a great place. I look forward to sifting through the other posts here over the next few weeks. Thanks for letting me hang!

If anyone wanted to give me the rundown on how to add DOB, signature, avatar, subscribe to posts, etc. I wouldn't be too upset. specool.gif But I will find it all soon enough regardless.

I am also a member over at guitarforums. Great people over there also. I use the same User name. If you drop by, say hi.rockon.gif

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Thanks for making it easy Mahesh :).

I'll be back to fill in influences etc. at some point. There's enough filled in for people to know who there dealing with though. Again thanks for welcoming me. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

LOL

I'm a Surveyor, so it's kind of habit to measure that way. Roughly translated as a year and 3&1/2 months. Actually 3.6 months, but lets not get over technical on a general time line.

Where most Americans have 12 inches to a U.S. foot, I use 10 parts of a U.S. foot to break it down to smaller units. So instead of 1foot 3 inches, I would see it as 1.25 feet. This makes things easier, similar to the metric system only bastardized because Americans can't understand the meter for some reason...confused1.gif

So if anything is broken in twelve parts my brain calculates a decimal equivalent without my consent. Timing is actually accurate, you just have to understand I'm a little strange. Didn't even realize I did that. It just looks right to me. LOL.

EDIT: Edited to remove foot and inch symbols... I forget these will not be understood by many. Especially overseas.

Edited by Joe51

Thanks for having me. Lots of good stuff here. Kudos to those that keep it going. Guess I should go finish my profile since I'm over 3. Btw, best emoticon selection ever! I love these. moon.gif pale body and sunburned ass??? lol good stuff.

• 4 weeks later...