Your Ad Could Be Here

Most recognizable drum beat?

OMG i was reading through this post, and could not believe that no one had mentioned the AMEN BREAK until just now.. Its quite possibly the most used drum loop of all time.

Although that particular vid is arguably incorrect about the whole culture of jungle and drum n bass being based on it.

Yeah, I was quite surprised as well.

Care to be a bit more specific about his errors? I love that cr... uft. :P

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recognizable drum beats... Enter Sandman is pretty recognizable, not complicated, but rockin. Nowadays people'd recognize Fallout Boy's Dance Dance, I guess catchy, not a fan of the song. I forgot who said it, but that blur song was at the top of my list. The money beat(I think that is what it is called) used in in Beat It by Michael Jackson is another one that I'd take note of. Moby Dick?

;)

Yeah, I was quite surprised as well.

Care to be a bit more specific about his errors? I love that cr... uft. :P

Ah, its just him droning on about the whole jungle scene being based on one drum loop.. I mean.. come on! There were and are thousands of songs that do not use the amen break. It just so happens that the more commercially popular songs that did use the Amen break (original nutta) happened to be "anthemic" for the whole scene.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I say Radar Love or Wipe Out

We always called that a Bo Diddly beat.- Who Do You Love is another.

Edited by Jim622