Your Ad Could Be Here

Someone Like You Cover (My Version)

This is the first song I learned to play on guitar (so not very good). My boyfriend is playing backup for me. I was extremely nervous to do this video and share it because I've never done anything like that before. I've always sang live, and to do a video recording was very...odd for me. My vocals are a bit pitchy in some parts, due to my nerves.

I finally got the balls to post this video, and share with you all. I was hesitant, because so many others have covered this song and I didn't want to be "cliched" for doing so. I'm a country singer and songwriter, but I'm a huge fan of anything with soul and I'm in love the lyrics in this song. Hope you enjoy :)

(I should also add...we have a dog..and you can hear him wondering about the entire time, lol)

[media=]

Edited by Carrieptn

Not able to access the video, Carrie. The message says 'This video is private'.

Thanks for letting me know Donna. I changed the setting. Could you try again and see if it works please?

Thank you Rob :) Yes, I would love to post one of my songs. I'm having a very difficult time with getting any sound recorded through my computer with my recording program. It's been driving my nuts for 2 weeks. As soon as I get it figured out, I will post one of mine. Thanks again.

Edited by Carrieptn

Pretty good Carrie. I think you are a natural. I suspect you have the ability to imitate the singers you like. The trick is finding your own unique voice. We've all heard that before. I look forward to hearing you as you develop as a singer. You also have a grace in front of the camera which is soothing to watch.

Thanks Martha. Yes, that is why I was hesitant about posting the video, because everyone has heard that before.

I look forward to showing my own stuff.

I concur with what the others have said, Carrie. You have a very pleasing voice. :)

I so envy that you can play guitar as well. ;)

Thank you Donna! I was very motivated to learn the guitar. I'm no expert by any means (I only know the basics), and still have a lot to learn. I basically taught myself with a lot of practice everyday. I read that you are picking it up. Good for you and good luck.

Sadly, I lack the self-discipline to teach myself. ;) I do have a guitar - two of 'em in fact. :rolleyes: But it's my keyboard that I intend to work on in the coming months. Even if only to painstakingly plonk out a melody now and then. ;)

Do you sing Donna?

Thanks so much Johnny :)

Great voice. I saw you were nervous and a touch out, here and there but great. Once you find your own material , you will be a force to reckon with ! :guitar:

Thanks for listening, Whoosh. And thank you for the compliment :)

You sound very good... Nice pace and somewhat original phrasing shows you are developing your own way of expressing your creativity even with well-known material like Adele. Carry on down the originality path with your own material and best of luck!

Thank you mtm2 for the compliment and for recognizing my small attempts in trying to put a somewhat original spin on this particular song. Thanks for listening :)

• Editors

Hey Carrie :)

I've to be honest that I find you being a lil nervous while singing,but like others have said,you are a natural,and I loved your singing,loved the part especially at 3:34(i think).

Im very glad you posted this,

good job gal,

Now lets talk about that collaboration thing we should do,shall we? ;)

Cheers,

Mahesh

• Like 1

Thanks Mahesh :) I appreciate your compliment and your listening. I'll warm up to the online videos sooner, rather than later. They are an entirely different "species" if you get my drift. It's like a whole new audience!

I'm down for a Collab! I'm in love with your voice. I've listened to "Towards the Edge" several times just so I can hear your singing! It inspires me.