Your Ad Could Be Here

Recording Voice

Hi there,

when i am home with my acoustic and sing to it all is ok. But when i got those headfones on -

even when i pull back one side that i can hear myself - i strain my voice with taking

back the pressure. In lower register its fine. But when i sing for example a refrain

it sounds totally flat like if i am talking.

The result is a thin dull high register with too much tremble on it which affects sometimes

the lower one too.

Am i too nervous?

Or do i sing too loud that the mic is compressing my voice? And afterwards it just felt like

i took pressure from my voice by myself? Like ... i can sing my heart out but the mic starts

compressing it and tho i strain ?

thanks for reading.

kind regards

Andre

Hey! Not sure what to advise here. One thing may give you heart, while you work to find an answer to your singing vexations., you will not sound like me :lol2:

Edited by whoosh

i will give it a try. maybe its becos i keep myself from singing out loud cos afraid that my voice pitches away so i sing more more more relaxed and hold it mostly back when louder parts are on. hmmm. i will try it out with guitar . i will try each trick to mind.

and thank to you both, really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd suggest adjusting what all instruments you feed to your headphone mix. You may find you sing differently depending on what you hear. You don't necessarily need everything in there. You obviously must have already tried adjusting the level up or down as well of course. Good luck...

ya. i did said to him - just the rhythm guitar and the drums! I know by now it was the microphone type too. The AKG stage mic

worked out fine for the loud singing parts. There are more mids and more "power" than a condensator microphone which we tried first.

That was why i strained my voice when i heard the first attempts which were sounding so "thin"....

Thanks to all