Your Ad Could Be Here

Help I think my song sounds like another tune

Hi guys my name is frank and im a songwriter,  i have this track that i  want to release as my next single, but the bridge reminds me of another tune. Could you listen to it please, and tell me which  song it reminds you to? 

And if so , do you think its bad or nothing to worry about .

Thanks

Witchy Woman, is what instantly comes to mind.......I think it's more the guitar tone and the la la la's more than anything

I wouldn't worry about it

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely nothing to worry about.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Noob
On 7/2/2020 at 7:14 AM, Cody said:

Witchy Woman, is what instantly comes to mind.......I think it's more the guitar tone and the la la la's more than anything

I wouldn't worry about it

It is almost impossible to create a totally new song as music consists only of so much notes and most variations have been use by others one or the other already. We are all influenced by music we like, therefore this will guide us subconsciously at least. If it is not too obvious I would not worry. It depends whether lyrics and other song parts are interesting and that all contributes to the greater good of the song. If you know exactly if which song it reminds you I suggest you play with that part until you found slightly different chords or chord progressions or melody making it less obvious or even make it disappear.

Archived