Your Ad Could Be Here

Most American Car Horns Honk In The Key Of F.

Good afternoon ladies and gents! My name's Chris, I'm 24 and I'm Australian. I love music, lots of exercise and long walks on the beach. I sing (in the shower), play electric guitar in front of millions of people (in my head), and I'm a totally deep, broody poet whose lyrics leave people pondering for days.

...Okay, okay, so maybe I've got a long way to go yet on that :turned: But that's why I'm here, I want to get better at creating lyrics for songs. There's only so far I can go on my own, and it's getting to the point where it's becoming frustrating. I'd rather get some help and see things done right than keep on struggling and reinforce bad habits.

--

For a little while now I've been working on a concept project (alongside some happier material, to be sure) called Delusion. Very simply put, it's about a man's struggle with certain hardships in life and how that leads him towards drug abuse and mental illness... well, sort of. The issue here is that my concept hasn't been completely defined yet- I've been struggling with that- and the last thing I want it to turn out to be is a poor imitation of Pink Floyd. I also don't want it to turn out to be whiny or irritating, or to have every song turn out the same way, both things I'm quite conscious of.

So, I don't mind admitting I have a long way to go yet with that one... but it's a lot of fun to work on, at least =P That's enough out of me for now, so I'll leave this at hello to everyone, and I look forward to bothering you all soon!

G'day

No bother here mate. Welcome to Songstuff and may vegemite fuel your late night musical debauchery. (Fellow Aussie if you didn't already guess!)

Kel

Thankyou! The doubleneck's in the shop at the moment, being rewired, looking forward to getting that one back... but I do have a couple more guitars around I can still bash a few tunes out with.

Hi

Welcome to Songstuff  :)

Jan

Thankyou, I hope to get a lot of use out of it =P In some good news, I've taken the concept I had and managed to refine it a lot- it's not exactly 100% but it's certainly a lot better than it was! There's an underlying message or purpose behind it now, something I'd thought it was sorely missing, which did put me off it a bit now. But now I can say, it's about the dangers of pride.

I've saved a copy of everything I've written for it so far, but I intend on starting fresh lyric-wise, which I'll be doing tomorrow...

Archived