Your Ad Could Be Here

Chat Chat Chat Chat Chat

4 hours ago, Cody said:

I rarely if ever do any myself, for pretty much all the same reasons you mentioned, but have done a ton this month alone, only spent more than an hour or so from learn to record on the couple captain beefheart ones I did and that was just from so many different instruments used and having to layer it all in, it's mostly just been banging out a root chord progression, mostly the wrong one I'm sure, but close enough for hand-grenades, horse shoes, and covers :D  

I feel its not much different than being in a band and learning or making up a part, I've always treated and viewed that the same way, hey its not "my" song,  and I'm more apt to personally learn more about my own recording "process" just because I won't be scrutinizing every little could of would of should of like I do if I happen to listen to my own stuff.  If I don't like it, hey not my fault........ they should of written it better :D   but yeah I personally don't see the point in myself either wasting time learning something super complex note for note, even if "ohhh look how fancy I used a minor here instead and changed it all up" type of things :D , but yup yup to each their own and all that good stuff!  

When songs aren’t my taste or I have a bunch to look at (like you described) I just learn the bit that interested me... it’s much faster.... it works greatly for production. Why recreate a full song? Just do the interesting bit. So 

I might do a full production with 4 bars from a verse, 4 bars pre chorus and the chorus itself. That way I get the sonic feel for most of the song, I get the key transitions, I get the synthesis, the effects, the builds/rise etc etc. Or sometime it really is just 4 bars in total.... just what is needed to learn the key bit. It is faster, more focused and is itself a brilliant approach for keeping up with pop trends (which is really important for eventually predicting those trends in advance and building your predictions into pop production. Less necessary in other genres).

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, john said:

just what is needed to learn the key bit. It is faster, more focused and is itself a brilliant approach for keeping up with pop trends (which is really important for eventually predicting those trends in advance and building your predictions into pop production. Less necessary in other genres).

Agreed and actually a great way to go about it too IMO, at least you're bound to come up with something that is quite interesting at least to yourself, while still sticking with whatever familiar "trends" happen to be the norm at the time, and would hopefully keep you from just copy/pasting some of that magic formula for a hit song :D Especially from a producing/engineering perspective. 

14 hours ago, Patchez said:

This year, for some reason unsure why, possibly to much coffee [smiley=SHOCKED2.gif] ... I took on an "ep" size effort for that where I looked at songs, -- turns out, likely from the 80's, 90's ish... of what I wound up calling "squishy girl songs",

I still find it quite hilarious you did Enter Sandman and Simple Man in that group of squishy girl songs :D hahaha pretty fitting :D *holds up lighter and shouts freebird* I don't think there's an emoji for that :pianoplay3: that'll suffice hahaha just saw that one. 

1 hour ago, Patchez said:

Oh and in honor of the big kahuna passing on, "007" my "Badge" for today is!?:

I just saw that not 5 minutes ago.  I've never seen any Bond film all the way through, but the ones with him in it were the only ones I made it close :D I did love all their soundtracks though. 

• 1 month later...

Why do i bother so much? How to take it easy? If the happiness means wanting to live, i need so much more so, how the hell am i supposed to take it easy? 

• 2 weeks later...

mornings

nights

long

times

hurt in

heart

hurt in

head

this song is everything i can listen to for over a whole week. 

Please check this:

Listen to PTK - DLOUHÝ ČASY (Prod. Beatsbygetro) by payapeaceful_2 on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/HQRn7

• 2 months later...
  • Noob

I’ve been playing guitar for barely a year totally self trained and I’ve made incredible progress (in my opinion at least).In seven days I figured out how to figure out how to break out of the “blues box” and In a week I managed to learn how to break out of the “blues box” and improvise all over the neck with help of guitaa He produces the best guitar lessons I’ve ever seen.

songs I learned

valery altamar

love is gone guitar chords

Finally, for learning individual songs i prefer :

Guitaa tabs

• john unpinned this topic

Archived