Your Ad Could Be Here

Music Collaboration Online?

hi, i'm new to this forum, but i wanted to ask you something.

i have a friend in UK whom i used to make music with. I moved out some time ago and i'd like to continue our music collaboration somehow. what are you using for online music collaboration? i tried dropbox and email, but we usually get stuck with that and the process tends to be rather slow...

any ideas?

When you say you get stuck with it.... what do you mean?

There are several collaboration sites out there. We used to offer a paid collaboration solution but stopped it a few years ago. Other than that we offer some things to support collaboration (such as allowing members to create forums for communications with collab members via member groups function) but we don't offer the bit I would guess yo uare looking for, the file transfer capability. Latency is only an iddue on streamed audio solutions, but as you aren't talking about live jams, I am not sure why that is an issue.

some of the recorded stuff is done by collaboration if you go there find an song and ask the writer/singer they will have a better understanding I should think good luck  ps you were not rude this is a site to say what you think I told you what I thought and you replied no problem with that. and I have discovered what latency is ( everyday is an education as my mum would say)

scotsman

Edited by scotsman89

So, if live jamming and low latency aren't what you are looking for, what are the important features that you need? Where does Dropbox or simple file transfer let you down?

So, for example, if you used Dropbox for transfers, and the Songstuff collab board as a way to find musicians/writers etc and a Songstuff member group to communicate with your collaborators... Would that hive you what you need?

I will dig out some links, but really extra into would help to narrow it a bit.

• 2 months later...

I've been collaborating with musicians online since 2005 I provide drum tracks (real drums) I use send this file for clients to upload files at my old website and started using high tail for clients to upload files at my new website. I send takes for approval and final tracks with drop box and I have had no problems with any of the file sharing providers I mentioned.