Your Ad Could Be Here

Last Second Lyric Locations

Where is the strangest place you wrote a lyric when inspiration struck????

Thanks Tom. Mine was recently on the back of a students test. Obviously, I didn't send that test home in her Friday Folder.

Song working title "Let Me Just Love You for a While"

Haha! My soul is country. That's why they won't let me in the band.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't think of anywhere that would seem strange to write, sorry. Using my phone as a dictaphone on a crowded underground train? It's others who think it strange, not me :lol:

No Justsoulin they just think you are having deep repetitive onesided conversations.😉

Hobo, does that mean all of your lyrics have been very calculated and planned and intentional? There are no "Hobo Lyrics" in existence on a restaurant napkin or the back of a receipt or maybe even your hand; and washed away only to be reabsorbed into the Earth and be someone else's inspiration? Tee hee hee😜

No Justsoulin they just think you are having deep repetitive onesided conversations.

:lol:

• Noob

About 3 years ago I was about to go down to theatre for a hernia operation and seconds before they put the needle in to put me to sleep I thought of a line that I knew I wouldn't remember so I wrote it on my arm with the doctors pen before being knocked out.

• Like 1

About 3 years ago I was about to go down to theatre for a hernia operation and seconds before they put the needle in to put me to sleep I thought of a line that I knew I wouldn't remember so I wrote it on my arm with the doctors pen before being knocked out.

Darren,  I have to know what the line was!!!!!

• Noob

Darren,  I have to know what the line was!!!!!

The line was;

Should I die, don't cry

This is not our goodbye

My ex-wife was with me at the time and she was very paranoid about me not coming out of theater alive although it was just a straightforward procedure. I can't remember if I ever went on to write more about it though seeing as I lived :)

• Like 1

I can't remember if I ever went on to write more about it though seeing as I lived

:lol:

DarrenH, I love that story. :) The image of you using the doctor's pen to write the lines on your arm is hilarious. :)

My own tale isn't so much about what I wrote the lyric on but where I was when I 'wrote' the lyric (in my head). 

A few years ago I had an appointment at the local acupuncture clinic. I'd just got out of the shower and was painting my toenails when two chorus lines popped into my head. I quickly jotted them down so as not to forget them, then rushed out, hopped on my bike, and headed into town. 

A few minutes later I was at the clinic,  flat on my back on the acupuncture table, in a darkened room, stuck full of needles. By the end of the 45-minute treatment, I'd composed in my head a Celtic folk ballad consisting of eight 6-line verses, and three 4-line refrains. :)

All I needed to do when I got home was type it up on the computer.

I wonder whether that burst of focused creativity was a result of all the good 'chi' rushing along my meridians. :)

(Now that I'm reminded of it, I really must set about getting music for that ballad. ;) )

Donna