Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi from Indiana, USA

codajack

Hi. I've been reading this forum for awhile and finally found the time between two young kids and three dogs to register. I just kept coming back, so I decided that I'd eventually join in the discussion anyway...

I've been songwriting off and on for awhile, but make my living as a musician. I have enough songs to fill a three hour gig. I have enough GOOD songs to fit a 30 second commercial.....maybe...... The songs are most commonly a blend of jazz and pop, but sometimes other weird stuff can sneak in.

Most of the musician work is playing covers. But, I always sneak an original in(whether instrumentally or full-band song). I think I can work on people's subconcious familiarity that way. I figure, if they think they've heard a song before, they might actually by a CD the second time they hear it :D.

I like it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I usually get the phrase, "I like it, but....."

That said, thanks Lazz. I've enjoyed your posts and articles quite a bit.

Welcome! Don't let the Europeans scare ya!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll just cover my ears and scream "LA, LA, LA" like true Americans do.

So what is/are your instruments? Do you have any music online?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I play piano, mostly. The link Lazz mentioned is my Shameless Self Promotion signature.

I usually get the phrase, "I like it, but....."

That said, thanks Lazz. I've enjoyed your posts and articles quite a bit.

I'll just cover my ears and scream "LA, LA, LA" like true Americans do.

I play piano, mostly. The link Lazz mentioned is my Shameless Self Promotion signature.

Sorry... I seem to have misplaced my brain.

:-/

Spooky. You recognise most of us, yet no-one knows you :o

Excellent!

I'm off for a listen.

Cheers

John

Welcome!

I have enough songs to fill a three hour gig. I have enough GOOD songs to fit a 30 second commercial.....maybe......

I wish I could gather 30 seconds worth! :D:D:D

I like your stuff too... No buts...

Maybe one day technology will advance to the point where stuff can be transferred straight from the brain to a computer, or a sequencer program...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uhh...I don't think I want that. Most of the stuff that rattles around in my brain should definitely NOT be heard. :-/