Your Ad Could Be Here

Ballad Challenge #1

Many thanks for all your entries... I will try and post the selected work today and start getting the interview underway :)

• Like 1
  • Noob
On 26 September 2016 at 11:04 PM, ames1212 said:

Hi jean,

lets co write on it, I  only do lyrics. I was thinking country, but a bluesy feel would sound cool too. I would love to hear what you come up with. All my finished songs are country, so it would be cool to have a bluesy one.

Amy

Hi Amy,

Sorry, I only saw this now, been too busy at work to be able to check in here. I also only do lyrics at this stage.  Obviously too late for this challenge now, maybe next time? Jean

Hi Jean,

That is all I do too. I was replying to your comment about playing around with it in a blues rhythem, I thought that implied that you were playing,I always enjoy collaborating with others.I saw your reply and thought it meant musicaly.

Amy

Hey gang

Well, I've had a good read and a good think... and have selected.....

"You Rocked The Country" (for lack of a name that seems most logical... Amy?) by ames1212

@ames1212 Your work was closest to the brief, a good write! Well done and congratulations! I will send you a PM with interview questions. Can you also pick a photo I can use for the newsletter?

I notice that you aven't created an "About Me" page yet? I suggest you create that page, include your pic and a link to your lyrics collection in the showcase area. Once the interview is posted, perhaps also add a link to your interview there? If you need a hand in setting up your About Me page just give Mahesh or myself a shout and we will be happy to help. :)

To everyone else, many many thanks for taking part. Some great lyrics covering a range of genres. Ideal! It was great to see your lyrics evolve... some to quite different songs from how they started.

If any of you would like to discuss your lyrics with me give a shout and I will find time to give you some feedback. I will be honest and constructive.

Thanks again guys. A good challenge!

Cheers

John

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 11:54 AM, JH Michaels said:

Nicely done Ames....these are some good, solid lyrics.  I don't know what you had in mind for music, but I had some fun with it in a 12 bar blues in A. 

Jh,

Lets colaborate on it, it could be fun.

Amy

Hi John,

Thanks for picking my song, I was not expecting that.I was not sure how to fill out an about me page? How do I do that?

1 hour ago, john said:

Hey gang

Well, I've had a good read and a good think... and have selected.....

"You Rocked The Country" (for lack of a name that seems most logical... Amy?) by ames1212

@ames1212 Your work was closest to the brief, a good write! Well done and congratulations! I will send you a PM with interview questions. Can you also pick a photo I can use for the newsletter?

I notice that you aven't created an "About Me" page yet? I suggest you create that page, include your pic and a link to your lyrics collection in the showcase area. Once the interview is posted, perhaps also add a link to your interview there? If you need a hand in setting up your About Me page just give Mahesh or myself a shout and we will be happy to help. :)

To everyone else, many many thanks for taking part. Some great lyrics covering a range of genres. Ideal! It was great to see your lyrics evolve... some to quite different songs from how they started.

If any of you would like to discuss your lyrics with me give a shout and I will find time to give you some feedback. I will be honest and constructive.

Thanks again guys. A good challenge!

Cheers

John

Hi John,

Thanks for picking my song, I was not expecting that. I am not sure How to fill out the about me page? Can you help me with that?

Thanks again.

Amy

On 01/10/2016 at 3:55 PM, ames1212 said:

Jh,

Amy

Hi John,

Thanks for picking my song, I was not expecting that.I was not sure how to fill out an about me page? How do I do that?

Hi John,

Thanks for picking my song, I was not expecting that. I am not sure How to fill out the about me page? Can you help me with that?

Thanks again.

Amy

Hey Amy

go to your account settings (normally by using the drop down in the top right corner, but for ease here ya go)

http://forums.songstuff.com/settings/

on the right of the next page select edit profile

scroll down until you see the About Me block, edit like a post and save. You can add images, video and sound cloud, lyrics too.

now you will have an About Me tab on your profile. :)

cheers

john

On 10/1/2016 at 7:55 AM, ames1212 said:

Jh,

Amy

Hi Amy, thanks for the vote of confidence!  I think it could be fun as well.  I'm just learning how to use DAW software and as you know, there are some quite talented and thoroughly fantastic song smiths and musicians in this forum who are far and away better than I am.  so please...check out some of my songs on soundcloud  before you decide.  and if you still do....let's talk.

Hi Gang

Here is the interview with Amy:

I'll be posting out the newsletter tomorrow. Along with a blog post to promote it, plus a post to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Myspace and some other social media sites :)

• Like 1

Nice work everyone, congratulations Amy.  Nice to see the level of participation and interest in the lyrics challenges, thanks to John for your ideas and encouragement in exploring and rewarding the craft.

Nice interview as well Amy.

• Like 3