Your Ad Could Be Here

One Minute Song - member challenge

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this and thought..

Hey that sounds like an interesting thing to do.

Thought about making it 60 bpm ... and then naaa

and then ... yeah 60 seconds long and I'll call it "just a minute" ...

and maybe it'll be about when... you know someone says just a minute ...

but then I realized that usually "just a minute" ends up being 5 or more.. 

and thats a full song..

ugh .. Might do it anyway lol ...

11 hours ago, HoboSage said:

This was a "challenge," not a "contest," right?  So, aren't the "results" what you did in response to the challenge?  I'm just asking.  :) 

I am still seriously challenged :)  working hard to get past vocals issues.

" rlots of rluck".    Peggy

On 24/03/2017 at 9:09 AM, ALOPRODUCTIONZ said:

gotta feeling some people gonna get disqualified for not meeting the 1min rule

Alo - I opened it up a bit.

The challenge was to get as close to 1 minute as you could. If the song was less or slightly more, they could still post it. The purpose of the challenge, is to make you think of the structure of a song in a different way. Making a song, that sounds like a song and fit the one minute time frame, is very difficult to do. If you manage it, great, but not many people can. 

This wasn't a contest - I know I originally labelled it as that - but it was always meant to be a challenge - the only winner is you, if you manage to produce a track you are proud of that fitted into the one minute mark.

R

Hi all, I've decided to keep this challenge open - anyone who wants to continue trying to make a song at the one minute mark, please feel free to keep posting in the topic and we can all have a listen and comment.

Hopefully there will be more challenges to come ;)

Here's one I made working with a few of  my synths. The bass is  mostly sub bass and seems to sound better on headphones. I'm not sure if I'll leave that.

On 20/03/2017 at 10:39 PM, Achazia said:

This is my one minute song.  Thinkin on making a full song later :) but I thought it suited this challenge for now :).

Gry, this is beautiful and your voice is fantastic. Just when it ended I expected it to burst into life he become this really big sound. I hope you decide to make this into a full song.

On 30/03/2017 at 2:14 PM, ALOPRODUCTIONZ said:

Heres entry number 3 :)

ALO - this is a nice idea - some of the sounds are to high in the mix at the moment and it just sort of stopped dead without the feeling of an ending. I would remove the beat part and stick with the chill aspect with piano and resolve it at the minute mark.

On 10/04/2017 at 1:03 PM, starise said:

Here's one I made working with a few of  my synths. The bass is  mostly sub bass and seems to sound better on headphones. I'm not sure if I'll leave that.

Tim, this sounds really good and the synth sounds themselves are fantastic (what are you using?). It almost has a Tron soundtrack feel to it. 

2 hours ago, ALOPRODUCTIONZ said:

ALO this has a nice beat to it and sounds like the start of what could be a really good full track. I would look to add vocals to this and extend it.

Great track Richard!

I didn't answer right away because I didn't remember exactly all I used. I know I used zt3a+2 and since I just picked up Hybrid 3 by AIR music technologies I used it to test . After that I know I used either Rapture or Massive. I'll need to check. Those are both really nice synths from Native Instruments I got when I bought Komplete from them.

2 hours ago, starise said:

Great track Richard!

I didn't answer right away because I didn't remember exactly all I used. I know I used zt3a+2 and since I just picked up Hybrid 3 by AIR music technologies I used it to test . After that I know I used either Rapture or Massive. I'll need to check. Those are both really nice synths from Native Instruments I got when I bought Komplete from them.

I have a demo thing for zt3a, but not really used it. It was free with a computer music magazine. The AIR synths sound nice. I've got one, but again, not used it as much as I thought. I have Maasive with my Komplete bundle and for a while that and the others included in the pack were my go to synths. Now that Logic has Alchemy, I use that a lot more, but Sylenth and the newer synths are becoming my go to for my latest music. I want to get Blue 2, Nexus and Omnisphere, but they are similar and I would need to get an external hard drive to manage all my synth packages if I got them. My 1tb is the most I can have internal on my Mac and it's down to its last 100gb, not enough room for everything.

zt3a+2 has come a long way since the basic design. Many new sound libraries. Omisphere is the dope man really. It's expensive and I have other obligations. If I had 500 quid to burn I would be on it like white on rice.

• 2 months later...

The music industry is competitive enough already without bringing it into songstuff forums. Also, Songstuff is made up of people who are of different levels of competence so it would be unfair on people who are just starting out. Songstuff I believe is all about songwriters helping each other especially those who need to improve their capabilities so personally I don't believe it would be beneficial to anyone if a competition mentality was introduced. There shouldn't be any winners or losers, only participants.

13 minutes ago, Ray888 said:

The music industry is competitive enough already without bringing it into songstuff forums. Also, Songstuff is made up of people who are of different levels of competence so it would be unfair on people who are just starting out. Songstuff I believe is all about songwriters helping each other especially those who need to improve their capabilities so personally I don't believe it would be beneficial to anyone if a competition mentality was introduced. There shouldn't be any winners or losers, only participants.

It was changed to a challenge, as that was what it originally was meant to be. It was a way for members to try something different, push themselves and the only winning was knowing that you managed to achieve the goal.

Sometimes we need a bit of competitiveness in life. It's what helps to push us on and strive to be better.

OK Richard, I only saw the beginning of the thread at page one. I do believe that there is enough competitiveness in life in general though. 

Thanks for informing me that the competition was changed to challenge.

Archived