Your Ad Could Be Here

Rap / Hip Hop Contest

Just now, MonoStone said:

Sure, if a few people want to enter sung versions. But I think it would be better to run it differently. 

1. Encourage people to edit the construction (as David did) if they need

2. Have a minimum number of entries before a winner is voted for, rather than a closing date.

Also, I'm happy for any SS member to use the music if they ask me first, credit me, and don't use it commercially. So it's not all about competition... I just really like hearing the different takes on top of my music. I'd like to encourage more of that... might find some cool young superstar to front my songs and I'll take a back seat while we get rich ;) 

We'll see what others think - I take it you would have to send Stems of each instrument track?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ALOPRODUCTIONZ said:

id be interested in a workshop bro :)

Okay, cool. :)

I don't want to do a massive workshop for a load of people... just the current users of the hip hop board, and specifically the members who took part in this contest, because I heard the submissions and noted common issues and thought it might be helpful. If that is just you ALO, that's fine, we can arrange a time on skype or similar. No one else interested?

1 hour ago, HoboSage said:

But seriously, slicing, splicing, rearranging and realigning a stereo audio track is part of contemporary music production, and is at the heart of "remixing."  More importantly, it puts the work on you and not on Dek.

Indeed.

5 hours ago, john said:

Okay, cool. :)

I don't want to do a massive workshop for a load of people... just the current users of the hip hop board, and specifically the members who took part in this contest, because I heard the submissions and noted common issues and thought it might be helpful. If that is just you ALO, that's fine, we can arrange a time on skype or similar. No one else interested?

Im in.

ok Leo. I will start a PM between the 3 of us and see if we can work out the time zones to do something asap

Sure Peggy. No problem.

2 hours ago, john said:

see if we can work out the time zones to do something asap

Time zones differences are easy for me...24/7 embedded :)

1 hour ago, ALOPRODUCTIONZ said:

whens hiphop contest number 2 popping of then?

ALO - I've posted up a sample idea to see if it suits everyone. If it needs changes, I'll make any suggestions before we start. Was going to start on Friday - let Dek's contest finish up first.

the track is under this section, if you go back up one.

38 minutes ago, Richard Tracey said:

ALO - I've posted up a sample idea to see if it suits everyone. If it needs changes, I'll make any suggestions before we start. Was going to start on Friday - let Dek's contest finish up first.

the track is under this section, if you go back up one.

Lets make the deadline some time after I go through some stuff with the rappers :)

Archived