Your Ad Could Be Here

One Minute Song - member challenge

2 hours ago, ALOPRODUCTIONZ said:

This would be great for a tv intro, lets see how it plays out in comp

1min.wav

What's the link, Alo? I'm not into downloading files... You not got a soundcloud link?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay - anyone wanting to get involved in this challenge, it will start on Monday morning and will run till next Sunday. Anyone that has posted already, will be disqualified (ha ha - only kidding).

Anyone participating, please post as a streamable version of the track (pref: SoundCloud).

Good luck :D

2 hours ago, Richard Tracey said:

Okay - anyone wanting to get involved in this challenge, it will start on Monday morning and will run till next Sunday. Anyone that has posted already, will be disqualified (ha ha - only kidding).

Anyone participating, please post as a streamable version of the track (pref: SoundCloud).

Good luck :D

To be fair... I failed the challenge by about 20 seconds ...well to be honest I didn't start it for the challenge... I just only got so far with limited time but I want to work more in the idea, so probably best if I remove my post here.

Just now, MonoStone said:

To be fair... I failed the challenge by about 20 seconds ...well to be honest I didn't start it for the challenge... I just only got so far with limited time but I want to work more in the idea, so probably best if I remove my post here.

No keep it, I've not had a chance to listen yet.

Just now, Richard Tracey said:

No keep it, I've not had a chance to listen yet.

Up to you then. But it's over a minute so... doesn't meet the challenge . 

I'll be developing it into something longer... Whether good or bad in its current rough form there's an idea in there that I like :) but... Sorry it wasn't really honestly a challenge thing. Just I'd only got a start on it then saw your post. 

19 hours ago, MonoStone said:

Made a video from some royalty free footage

Dek, this is lovely and has now become my favourite song you've done. The haunting feeling you get from this is spine chilling. I don't know if this needs to be any longer than it is. It's perfect the way it is and would be a great album closer.

Just now, Richard Tracey said:

Dek, this is lovely and has now become my favourite song you've done. The haunting feeling you get from this is spine chilling. I don't know if this needs to be any longer than it is. It's perfect the way it is and would be a great album closer.

Thanks mate. Well there's an idea I like in there but I want to explore it more. Lyrics were written without enough thought... Everything was rushed cause of the powercut... Damn Yorkshire hillbilly electricity ... ;)

I think it would be fun to do something like that. I'm still really iffy on the criteria. Who determines the best ones? How is a consensus determined? 

If it's a bunch of one minute audio it could be anything that anyone can judge any way they want . It could be anything from 48 tracks of cinema sound to a single vocal. 

Hey Folks,

What I have here for you is a theme song for a failed 70's TV show about an old american country singer trying to make it in Nashville.

https://soundcloud.com/leosherman/americana/s-cjEfM

Americana
Quit my day job in Indiana,
Heading to Nashville Tennessee,
Where I could be the Americana, 

singer I know I could be,

My girl Betty is riding with me,
She always believed in me,
And she got those heads a turning,
Wearing nothing but six strings,

I can tell you of California,
And her golden sandy skin,
Or the mountains of Minnesota,
Being high out of reach,

Cause I'm a singer Americana,
On my way to Nashville Tennessee,
Where I know that me and Betty,
Could live out the dream,

Filmed in front of a live audience.

8 hours ago, starise said:

I think it would be fun to do something like that. I'm still really iffy on the criteria. Who determines the best ones? How is a consensus determined? 

If it's a bunch of one minute audio it could be anything that anyone can judge any way they want . It could be anything from 48 tracks of cinema sound to a single vocal. 

I think they clarified in earlier posts that he meant to call it a challenge, not competition, so it sounds more the idea of challenge ourselves to keep to under one minute.

Gotcha. Thanks. I understood it was a challenge. I wasn't clear it was a personal challenge. So no rules then?

Just now, starise said:

Gotcha. Thanks. I understood it was a challenge. I wasn't clear it was a personal challenge. So no rules then?

Well, that's how I took it.  Maybe its not. One minute or under, but not over (I think).  Not SURE of it.  Probably asking for guidelines in a good idea.

4 hours ago, Pahchisme Plaid said:

Well, that's how I took it.  Maybe its not. One minute or under, but not over (I think).  Not SURE of it.  Probably asking for guidelines in a good idea.

4 hours ago, starise said:

Well I broke the one min rule...and I offered to remove mine but Richard was ok with it. So like Peggy says...I think it's a challenge to work towards. My own entry wasn't really done for the challenge, I just happened to only have a bit of a song done so I quickly made it roughly a minute (and a bit) ;)

Hi all... the challenge is to see if you can do a 60 second song. If the song is less or just over, it's fine, post so we can all have a listen.

The goal was to challenge ourselves to see if we could do a song at that length and make it sound like a complete track. I think Dek managed that, so if it takes just over the 60, don't worry. This is all meant to be a bit of fun and get the grey matter working.

If I get the time I'll give this a try. I didn't know Dek could sing that high. Wow! 

I accidentally had this as a public track. I'm glad I caught the problem this morning..

Cool track ALO

55 minutes ago, HoboSage said:

Then move this off the Contest board on to the Challenge board - Mr. Site Author. :)

I do always have to think before click..is it a challeng or a contest??? Still, 1/2 the time I go to the wrong place :) Sometimes quicker to just find most recent post in activities. 

Peggy

Archived