Your Ad Could Be Here

Are singer-songwriters sad all the time?

19 hours ago, Pahchisme Plaid said:

I tend to be a listener and an observer.  I'm also very much affected by the mood of someone I care for or if I'm in a situation, I can sometimes in a group feel the vibe of what's going on without even a word--sometimes I just have to get out of there because it can truly affect my well-being and sometimes I could just hang out and observe indefinitely (well, not indefinitely, but longer than necessary.).  I say this because when I am listening or observing someone, my mind goes in a bazillion different directions with "what if's" or pulling together shreds of input or identifying or a memory it might trigger or a hope or dream or remedy or trying to figure out where they are going with something all in just a few moments with every emotion or communication they share.

Yep- This has HSP written all over it. 

It's a good trait to have too. Imagine if we were in a place with bad vibes and didn't know it? To be clear, I think this goes beyond basic woman's intuition. Although my wife can tell if something is different about me 10 miles before I get home. This is less common in men.

3 hours ago, starise said:

Yep- This has HSP written all over it. 

It's a good trait to have too. Imagine if we were in a place with bad vibes and didn't know it? To be clear, I think this goes beyond basic woman's intuition. Although my wife can tell if something is different about me 10 miles before I get home. This is less common in men.

I had to read a bit about HSP.  Yep.  I guess it fits and explains a few things.  I know its not simply a "women's" thing because I see it in my sons (and occasionally my daughter), but more in my sons--I've noticed if I am upset, they have difficulty with it, so I have to be aware and you know...breathe in if at all possible or escape to the bathroom, outside or somewhere to pull my act together, or distract myself with reading or gardening or something.  My youngest is also quite light-hearted and a bit of a comedian, so sometimes, he's just what I need for a good distraction :)

Great songwriters have the same feelings as everyone else. They tend to have far more insight into themselves and others, and have excellent observation skills even if they are not consciously aware of it. They tend to be descriptive and to the point, and are able to introduce color and texture into their storylines. Great writers are able to use few words to get a point across. That's what I have observed through the years.

Archived