Your Ad Could Be Here

Famous Songs That Have Imperfections

4 hours ago, Pahchisme Plaid said:

Uh...weren’t we just having a light discussion

Hahahaha... Light discussion... Haven't you been around here before?

No we're not gonna do f7ckin Stone 'enge!

Stone ‘enge?  Is that an autocorrect?  Couldn’t be.  My autocorrect kept changing it to something else.  Foreign to my ears.  Googling didn’t help.

7 hours ago, Pahchisme Plaid said:

Stone ‘enge?  Is that an autocorrect?  Couldn’t be.  My autocorrect kept changing it to something else.  Foreign to my ears.  Googling didn’t help.

Spinal tap. A must see if you haven't!

Back to the subject matter at hand, this has always been the most egregious "error" and I've never heard an proper explanation.  It's supposed to be "I'll come around..." but it sounds like he starts to sing a different line before returning to the correct line.  Here @ 2:59:

There's always this acronym:  "FISI™ = F*ck It, Ship It."  :lol:

Then, if you are incredibly lucky, your work will attract a "cult following," and everyone on Planet Earth will want to pore over what you did.  (Say: Dark Side of the Moon, or Bohemian Rhapsody or even [I Wish They All Could Be] California Girls.)

But ... do they really want to know the truth?  No, not really.  They think you're a genius, and that the song simply "materialized," fully-formed (and by the way, totally starkers ...) like Venus from that proverbial clam-shell on the beach.  They want to hear you say that you were possessed with a vision for "a masterpiece" that oh-by-the-way is exactly "the song that they heard (and purchased)."  They want to hear you say that you – being a genius – knew exactly what it was going to sound like and that you fought an uphill battle against Corporate Minions™ who Did Not Share Your Vision.

And you, if you have your marketing wits about you, will tell them exactly that.

No one, who admires a novel, really wants to think about proofreaders, or story-meetings, or rewrites, or the very idea that much of what they adore was the consequence of decision-making.  They want to hear you talk about inspiration.  They want to hear you talk about magic.  And therefore, that is exactly what you should do.

The reality of the thing is that it is an enormous team effort.  But, everyone on that team understands that there must be "a star."  Therefore, you play your part and you enjoy the fact that the star shines brightly, even if your own name doesn't appear on the credits or is buried in the fine print that nobody ever reads.  They couldn't have done it without you.

On 10/26/2017 at 2:53 AM, CapM said:

Back to the subject matter at hand, this has always been the most egregious "error" and I've never heard an proper explanation.  It's supposed to be "I'll come around..." but it sounds like he starts to sing a different line before returning to the correct line.  Here @ 2:59:

Yikes. It sounds like he forgot the words.

Archived