Your Ad Could Be Here

Paul Simon Concert

There was a problem with my tickets, but then we got upgraded to 3RD ROW CENTER. I was LITERALLY a giggling jumping up and down little school girl. I yelled "I love you!!!" He looked right at me and said "wait till you hit your 20's"905471398_IMG_087712.jpg.0d75c5a902ce304fbbe393115f3fb23e.jpgIMG_08241.thumb.jpg.d25515a3d7901434eaa92b23e9cc53ad.jpg HEHEHEHE. was the BEST NIGHT EVER!!!!! I was singing every word and dancing like I was on crack!!!!

IMG_08701.jpg.d12edcdd187e885d7ed2915c04b742f7.jpgIMG_08391.jpg.06a4771fd38fa1047882e73ab59588b3.jpgIMG_08671.jpg.9a70d1429b21efb2de7e7f56f0293ec6.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like a lot of fun!

• Like 1

Hi @starise It was so much fun, the band was very tight.  He did a new calypso like arrangement for Bridge Over Troubled Water, which sounded very nice.  Then they did a couple ensemble pieces, Renee and Georgette with dog after the war and Can't Run But.  Those were VERY interesting, muted trumpet, flute, piccolo, violin, bass, cello possibly more.  I missed the marimba in Can't Run But but they were well executed, enjoyable.  

But the VERY BEST was when they played my favorite Paul Simon song, Cool River.  Man oh MAN I didn't give a crap at the end, when that brass hit me in the chest I was up on my feet just going nuts singing at the top of my lungs.  Very powerful ending!!! And man they NAILED it it was otherworldly. They did Obvious Child too which kind of surprised me, which is another favorite!   Plus Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes and Graceland and You Can call Me Al etc. Hehehe I was literally the only person I could see dancing and I soooo didn't care, my soul was on fiah!  It was AWESOME being so close to the stage, not having to look at the screen to see everything clearly.  The accordion dude was quite amused with me I think hehe 😏

Ooo heres a video of cool river, what it sounded like was sooo similar. It was unreal being there in person, the brass at the end and the rhythms throughout the song are just amazing this is definitely my favorite! 

Edited by Capo3tanya
  • Like 1

Looks like it was a nice experience for you for sure. I love up front seats.

• Like 1

It was thank you!

• 5 years later...

Paul Simon's music, especially classics like "Cool River," "Obvious Child," "Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes," and "You Can Call Me Al," has a magical way of connecting with people. It's fantastic that you got to enjoy the concert so close to the stage, feeling the power of the music firsthand.