Your Ad Could Be Here

Visual Art For Your Own Music

Hey guys, I was wondering if we could share some of our favorite ways to create visual art for our own music?

I use a free service called Canva when creating CD art covers like the ones below - I usually make one for every track/song I make.

What do you use?

Ken

Forever!.png.89498db78dd555b1c8dad22ff03104fc.png    1172245782_EternalGlory.png.e20750aff0ff31fc58a3c0fc33e52357.png    1432303844_Icantlosethistime.png.833fe88d32b2a53d207bb029b3ab86d2.png

Your samples look cool. I use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for everything. I try to keep things rather simple as you can see in my logo. I did make a cool iPhone graphic (in my mind at least) for one of my tunes about smartphones which includes a player. It's on my website if you care to gander, about half way down. www.just1l.com

In your samples above are those stock photos, or did you take them yourself? Any photos I use I try to use only ones I, or my son/s have taken. I did do a graphic for my song Don't Feed the Trolls which includes an image from an Italian Photographer I saw online Eolo Perfido. I got a hold of him to get permission. He has this really crazy, and somewhat disturbing, clown series "Clownville" I got the photo from: https://eoloperfido.com/clownville-photography

875d88_ff4e065ff81d42258016c56e2c257be8~

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 12:10 AM, Just1L said:

Your samples look cool. I use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for everything. I try to keep things rather simple as you can see in my logo. I did make a cool iPhone graphic (in my mind at least) for one of my tunes about smartphones which includes a player. It's on my website if you care to gander, about half way down. www.just1l.com

In your samples above are those stock photos, or did you take them yourself? Any photos I use I try to use only ones I, or my son/s have taken. I did do a graphic for my song Don't Feed the Trolls which includes an image from an Italian Photographer I saw online Eolo Perfido. I got a hold of him to get permission. He has this really crazy, and somewhat disturbing, clown series "Clownville" I got the photo from: https://eoloperfido.com/clownville-photography

Sorry for the delay, Just1L! I probably messed up my notification settings. 

I think you're doing a great job keeping your art simple and stylish, plus I love your choice of colors(blue and dark shady colors are my favorite). The iPhone thing looked so real, I thought you were selling merchandise! lol Cool, stuff. 

Yeah, I've heard of Adobe Illustrator before but it seems a little too complicated to operate. The pictures I use are all stock photos from Canva, they have paid membership services which allows access to more of their stock photos and graphics but the free stuff is more than enough for me.

Those are some really impressive clown photographs, its a little too creepy for my taste but I do appreciate the art. There's a forum for graphic artists called DeviantArt, if you're looking for unique works maybe you could check it out sometime. I think there are some really talented artists hanging around there.

Cheers!

Ken

DeviantArt is definitelly one of the best places to see artistic productions!

I haven't started creating artistic covers for the songs I do, but I will start doing it soon. I like photography and photoshop a lot, I've been joining courses for a long time, and I needed it for some stuff at work.

I think I would just use photography or a mix of photography and photoshop for them. I started making compositions long time ago... in my university times (still with not really good cameras, and no much experience with photoshop or image edition). Some examples of stuff that I could use some day are attached below (took links out because I needed space for attachments ^^u).

By the way, I take the chance to say... if any of you wants me to try making some cool cover or something like that, just let me know, and if I have some time I'll be ready to try! For example, I think I can take so many cool cyberpunk-themed compositions living in Tokyo! :)

• 3 months later...
On 5/2/2019 at 11:46 PM, Michan said:

DeviantArt is definitelly one of the best places to see artistic productions!

I haven't started creating artistic covers for the songs I do, but I will start doing it soon. I like photography and photoshop a lot, I've been joining courses for a long time, and I needed it for some stuff at work.

I think I would just use photography or a mix of photography and photoshop for them. I started making compositions long time ago... in my university times (still with not really good cameras, and no much experience with photoshop or image edition). Some examples of stuff that I could use some day are attached below (took links out because I needed space for attachments ^^u).

By the way, I take the chance to say... if any of you wants me to try making some cool cover or something like that, just let me know, and if I have some time I'll be ready to try! For example, I think I can take so many cool cyberpunk-themed compositions living in Tokyo! :)

I don't seem to get any notifications nowadays... Sorry for the delay, Michan. I also love DeviantArt but I find it difficult to navigate their site lol Lovely artwork though. -Ken

• 1 year later...

Archived