Your Ad Could Be Here

Upcoming Release?

john

We can't really start driving improvement in what we do until we can talk about where we are all at. That was we sot holes, flawed practice, inefficient process, and very importantly ways in which we can collaborate to achieve more. Even the simple idea of sharing what works and what doesn't will help us all improve.

Lastly, while this club allows us to discuss concepts and strategies, the marketing critique board allows you to get feedback on practical implementations of those strategies, the effectiveness of plans etc.

So please... who will get the ball rolling?

• Like 2

Richard and I were planing to release an album.

We opened all the social media accounts:

- Twitter

-Facebook (but we got blocked because we tried to open it from Japan using an account that was not a real name).

- Instagram

- Tumblr

- Soundcloud

- Wordpress blog

- ReverbNation

We started to spread a bit of the music to get listeners, but we didn't get any proper "fan" that comes back to the music after listening it once.

We still have to:

- Open a website

- Account in Bandcamp

- Organize mailing list.

- Get someone pro able to mix the tracks and give them quality sound ready to release.

Anyways, we don't know how to get real listeners, although when I showed some of the songs to different people they said they enjoy the style and the vibe, apparently it is not enough for getting anything stable. Good thing is that we meet some kind people on the way, that is able to produce music quite well and are willing to help us in some tracks. But not really sure if it's good idea to finish an album using different people's hand for each track. I think it'll not be consistent in style!

A bit stucked in the follow up, specially regarding on how to effectively spreading the music.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Michan said:

when I showed some of the songs to different people they said they enjoy the style and the vibe, apparently it is not enough for getting anything stable.

How do you mean "it's not enough for getting anything stable"?

Other than that, the good thing is that you have still to do even the basics of marketing, so pronouncing it dead seems somewhat premature lol The good news is there is still a lot to be done. Growing a fanbase takes time and energy, otherwise it would be called "snap your fingers and 'oh wow, a fanbase!'" lol ;)

There's a market for almost every type of music. We're in a global market now, so even if the market is not local to you, there will be a market somewhere :)

• Like 1

• Editors

Accept EP - Live and Unplugged :

Since the original EP was fully produced in a studio and that it's a bit different from how I perform on stage, a live EP with the line up of musicians I play with currently felt like a good idea.

We've currently been recording the scratch tracks for laying the arrangements in stone. I'd been sick the past two weeks so there has been not much progress on that. I was planning on the release for this in the last or last second quarter. Everything needs to be worked on at the moment. I'm only now getting back on my feet. I'll have so much more updates on this soon.

• Like 3

On 6/23/2019 at 3:49 PM, Mahesh said:

Accept EP - Live and Unplugged :

Since the original EP was fully produced in a studio and that it's a bit different from how I perform on stage, a live EP with the line up of musicians I play with currently felt like a good idea.

We've currently been recording the scratch tracks for laying the arrangements in stone. I'd been sick the past two weeks so there has been not much progress on that. I was planning on the release for this in the last or last second quarter. Everything needs to be worked on at the moment. I'm only now getting back on my feet. I'll have so much more updates on this soon.

It's good to do something that reflects how you perform it live, especially if there is a significant difference.

What are you doing to prepare for the release in terms of marketing? Do you have a target release date?

For myself, I have been so busy with Songstuff that I have hardly progressed my own EPs.

I have been planning to release some more or less acoustic performances as an EP, while looking to release some more electronic/chill based mixes under another artist name. I might still do this, I haven't yet decided. Just now I can't do the acoustic performance side due to tendon damage, but that is just how I progress from here.

So I will in the short term musically focus on the electronic side of things.

I need to rework my own website, whilst starting from the beginning (more or less) with my mailing list, social media and my blog.

A similar level of work is needed for the electronic artist, plus a full site implementation.

I have been working on  an idea for promotional videos that are within my abilities time wise and gear wise. Video will be a primary promotoin route for the acoustic performances. Something more conceptual will be used for the electronic artist but that fits with the genre quite nicely.

I need to draft engagement sequences for general mailing list, chat bot and blog engagement. I also need to draft pre and post release sequences.

For the electronic artist, a ful branding exercise will be required.

In both cases I need to put together a plan, plus assemble a core team and street team. Phew! Chances are RedCircle7 staff will be the core team. or a large percentage of it. I have already put together street team recruitment forms.

I have identified pretty well all automations, tools and platforms required for marketing and distribution.

I hope to be able to record 6/7 tracks for the electronic EP for release in November. The acoustic artist EP might be ready for then, but I think a more realistic time scale might be February.

Before then I plan to release 2 stand alone songs for each artist to act as audience warmers. Depending on how those fair on the market I might push back the EP release dates and release a 3rd stand alone single.

That's the ballpark plans!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I plan to keep releasing tracks. I'm slowly starting to do more vocal tracks as I practice and become more confident in it. Not only do I find people prefer vocals in their track its also more fun to make. I've been working on my instagram page making animations to go with tracks I release. I am unable to do constant steady posts on instagram due to the difficulty of making the music and quality animations fast enough.

I do not really know what I am doing. I am just hoping for some decent organic growth and some real listeners along the way. I've been making music for 6 months and I think around the 2 year mark I will start considering doing a proper ep or album to release on the streaming platforms like Spotify and such. I want to have somewhat of a following when I do this and I just do not feel my tracks are up to a high enough standard yet to justify a Spotify artist account.

• Like 2