Your Ad Could Be Here

Still Got the Blues (Gary Moore) Solo Keyboard arrangement

Hello gang,

I know most people cover this song with a Guitar (for a good reason), but here's my attempt to make it work for a solo keyboard/piano. I hope I was able to capture the mood and character of the song properly.

Leon  T     11   OUT   OF   10        THAT    WAS   PAST   PERFECTION     if   you   ever   want   some  one  to  put  lyrics   to   music  or  want   to  work   on  musical   ideas   i  have  been   storing  up  this  last   42  years   PM  ME

Hi Gary,

Very nice! My favorite style of piano is honky tonk, like LaDyva, but second is the blues and this is great. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much James and John. Glad to know I was able to come up with a convincing piano cover. Going through some new changes in real life. Once I'm all settled in the new place, I'll be so ready to collaborate with  you fine folks. Glad to be part of this forum.

Came upon your thread when noodling around the site.  It's a fab song and sounds so different when played on keyboard.  Well done.

I had a crack at it on 12-string acoustic with a mate a couple of years ago ... was less about the song itself and more about checking out the sound and multi-cam video for a possible series (that never happened).

Great job Greg. You're right. They sound so different when played on the keyboard. Some people don't like it as they're so used to hearing it with the Guitar. How come you stopped recording more? Also how were you capturing the audio ? Camera cam?

Hi Leon.  
This was mainly a pilot test of 3-camera multi-cam editing in Premiere Pro and the sound quality of a simple Zoom H1 Stereo Handy Recorder (visible on the edge of the table between us).  Didn't do any more of the song as neither of us is really into the performing thing.  The project itself fell by the wayside when we started writing and recording our "Prescient" album.   But the "Kitchen Acoustics" concept I think still has merits for the future ... pure unprocessed relaxed acoustic music by invited guests in a small room with lots of natural reverb.
Greg

Archived