Your Ad Could Be Here

New here

New to site, no so new to writing/musak/etc..all mostly done for hobbyist, and personal sanity reasons(usually successfull at least keeping the insanity in check)

Welcome Cody, glad to have you here at Songstuff! Looking forward to seeing/hearing your creations 

Hey Cody, a  big welcome to the Songstuff family :) I'm looking forward to hearing some tracks! If you ahve any questions about the site etc. just give me or any of the staff a shout :)

1 minute ago, Patchez said:

Hey Cody, -- you made it!  

I was gonna say something really "wise" and outrageous, then thought, -- maybe, better not :) hahhh! 

Okay, c u round! :)  

PS: John had a good suggestion, in reference to the "Club" page, -- click "Follow It", since not done by default when joining, --  so don't loose track of it, I guess. I know there's a balance with getting "notices" of responses if one really engages posts here like I, and you may... you can get burried under them (not sure of got to the Email too?). So, just passing that on, since a good point. The place is "big" but not "that" big! 

You'll find your notification settings are pretty granular giving a good level of control

Welcome to Songstuff, Cody!

Great to have you join in and share your music ideas and experiences with us. 

:)

Peggy 

Thanks!  to all  above but patchez....that guy can kiss my arsehole! :) 

but I really know nothing...can contribute nothing except an opinion...I do have very particular tastes in "music" though :) 

I tend to like good stuff that was made for the right reasons.....

I get a kick out of @Patchez reacted to your above post with a "ha ha" emoji...you two go how far back? or are you related? LOL

Anyway, everyone has an opinion so contribute away. Just note that I have my "Critique Preference" set at "Detailed" NOT "hit me with both barrels"... thanks 😉 

Its great to have you here!

Best,

Lisa

9 minutes ago, Patchez said:

So, I try to not comment on stuff I don't like, -- keeps it simple

yup... me too!

10 minutes ago, Patchez said:

Ever notice your own comments? They reveal allot about "YOU" too

This is exactly why critiquing is such a learning experience! So true!!

13 minutes ago, Patchez said:

when the Berkley On-line stuff was offered on Coursera...

Was it that long ago? I took a free songwriting course about 6 years ago. I got a lot out of it and still sing one of the songs Pat Pattison used as an example. Not sure if thats pathetic or not. LOL

15 minutes ago, Patchez said:

I type faster than I speak so.

me too 😉

Have a good night! Chat tomorrow,

Lisa

3 hours ago, Patchez said:

I'm not sure if I can explain but I'll try -

nice try :) 

4 hours ago, Lisa Gates said:

I get a kick out of @Patchez reacted to your above post with a "ha ha" emoji...you two go how far back? or are you related? LOL

Anyway, everyone has an opinion so contribute away. Just note that I have my "Critique Preference" set at "Detailed" NOT "hit me with both barrels"... thanks 😉 

Its great to have you here!

Best,

Lisa

just fairly recently got to know him.....pretty good fella, bit wordy see above/below hahah

aren't we all related in one way or another?

gonna post that everywhere........self promotion can suck one.......good fella....great writer....I'll make sure people give him some credit

14 hours ago, Patchez said:

That's a good one, indeed. Hard to believe he didn't hit FM at some point, or get called into some session... maybe he did and said, no thanks? That's understandable too. The 1970's/80's -- meaning "get along artist crowd" is long gone... 

Does he have a CD, download site or it's all live venue videos? 

If, when you go see him, bring up doing any kind of recording. Heck simple, good dry tracks or straight forward, 1v1g can always be "made into" anything else... even synced, mixed with a video like this at some point. I say that knowing he may not care at all. I'm no different :) hahhh. Well, no one's looking me up for it either... but, I don't run to studio calls at all and at one time would have -- simply gone for the free beer and pizza. 

Anyway, I'll look his stuff up on my own when get a chance. 

Other: 
I guess I should have let you respond above, -- only; or, first at least... hahhh, -- don't want to influence any, what may be "rock history folk lore" down the road. ;) -- You never know! 

As far as relations... well, unless related to Yetty/Bigfoot from appalach regions..., distant cousins from Noah's time at least. :)

Gave me a few notebooks of his today.......he's always down to record...just about as tech savvy as myself hahah.....as far as I know only things of his for sell are with Red Dirt Rangers....most of his stuff is on reel to reel/casette.... Gonna go back next week when I have a little more time.....was happy to see me....put the shotgun away when he saw who it was :) 

13 hours ago, Patchez said:

Some do not. 

So, I say again... in my wandering here... not only should the comments be considered carefully, one has to learn how to hear them too. There are many folks who don't speak Anglesh :) ... like me too, well... and often get misunderstood. So the online golden rules really needs to be considered until proven otherwise... e.g., "I read that and think you mean "this"... not literally "that" ... and etc. -- in case any snaffu's show up in anyone's future :) 

I never mean to but usually tend to "judge" people on those comments hahah....very true words

my side ramblings......best "english" teacher I ever had(well....yeah he was best...had a couple good ones)....had a pretty good quote..."you're all okies, you're f*cked, no one will ever understand you" hahahh

13 hours ago, Patchez said:

Anyway... as for music, it really is hard to "judge", over just discussing over time.For "me", any critique almost has to be a discussion over time. There are not "snap" "critiques". I had (jump around a bit)... I had Oil Paintings I was still getting Prof's feedback on a decasde later and was related to internal University politics!, no less... -- "yeah, I guess he really was not on *anyones side". My God :) what does that have to do with a comment review on a body of work in that arena? Aye? :) (rhetorical indeed and self evident, - nothing). So, what value does any of it have then anyway? Good question :) well, it is fun! 
 --
 For evey formula, there's many songs that break that rule as a "hit". Or, "some guy, sitting in his trailer on the toilet writes a song to fill out one more track slot"... and "THAT's" the hit song everyone in the band "hates" and not has to perform forever, wrote in 5 min, recorded in 20min and total time with mix an hours work for the release. No? Yes.  

I

my mom still teaches(think 1st grade now, was 4th forever)...bless her heart :) I got to meet her principle the other day...whew, I had to leave the room.

yeah he's good....it's taken me awhile just to read them....he writes kinda sloppy and likes crayons too :) 

still owe that larue fella an asswhipping or three.....but life does have a way of workiing itself out

22 minutes ago, Patchez said:

-- Yes, well, there's a balance... and is one of those elements that may need discussion over time.

There is a very real topic within "online teaching and learning" (what this all is here, truth be told, +-, so to speak...), and it is called "Group Formation".

Years ago, prior to any books existing on the topic (OLTL, as I ack it :) ) , I remember getting calls by, to be authors, newly minted PhD's doing rollups of info for (their capstone papers), and stuff like that post circa 1995 for the courses (books) to come for "Teachers" in their online teaching environment and "how to"... (Me, I thought, who'd wanna read this krappe? and why from me? who am i?... "who would not know it, it's *common *sense!?"..., hmmm -no; so anyway, -- that and a new little thing called "Process Engineering"...; something one American company originated and then published heavily on later... but, I digress; oh, memories... ... .) 

From what I see currently, John has a good handle on it and it's working... -- in part certain types should be able to "troll" :)  and see the flow to some degree. (I see the pop-in "look at me" stuff, which you can't stop, only delete... they do get tired after a while :) ... like my Spam Caller list on my phone... in time, the calls stop; the block list works 98% of the time.) 

However, here's on example that comes to mind and true story... I was in a class at some univ somewhere, and one fellow from another country, with english as second was there too (I think there were only 20 per class allowed then),  and was discussing something in the "class comment forum" and started "YELLING" so to speak ;) ... "how no one is answering me!", "I need answers...!" and etc. 
 -- It was actually quite funny and not in any way a bad time... he was there to learn, in part, exactly that! And he laughed when he had "longitudinal, bidirectional, asynchronuos communication" translated, -- like I needed too ;) ... egg-headed PhD's... and their language! (But also why I love using it too ;) hahhh!, poke the bear ...) 

Anyone just knows, from the many groups they've been a part of, -- "some guy" who is a real ashehole and and and... that's different, -- what confuses me is the following some of them have? (Just avoid them, if they are smart'nuff to leave others alone? Sometimes not.) I then, as in one group you may know too?... I then look for "Sock Puppets" ... and usually find them. Sometimes, they're not SP's and that really blows my mind, (why follow an ashewhole?)... but, that's another conversation... (still a bit rashy from the last little thing maybe :) )  

Oh, I know what else come to mind on this... -- that's why i observe for a whie too, if feel is needed (not always, but sometimes). In one instance that comes to me, I was wrong... and then engaged... then, oh my, then... turns out, I was not wrong... it just took a while for the weirdness to come out. But, to be fair, "online relationships" are heavily handicapped... someone shows up here, all happy and bubbly and is going through a divorce for a third time, herion addiction 30 day chip, living in a halfway house and just robbed a gas station... and one day, their personlaity changes... we can't know what's really going on. AND, in part, that's the beauty of "online" -- for some, it provided that gap to have "something" to then "change over"... -- again, there's to much there to unpack here and a digression; but, that little sentence hold allot of peace and order in the "Onlin'ica Country" of the Net :) hahhh 

oh my oh my digress away sir :) hahah

Cross Canadian Rag Weed band.......pretty pissed of themselves....guess music got canceled :)

Until dead I'll always have a finger for the bear :)

Archived