Your Ad Could Be Here

What do you love about Music?

OK all,

I'll change the story up a little, I got into music for the same reason I got into reading, It carried me away from an ugly childhood. I'm not looking for pity here, we all live our lives and mine has been a pretty good one overall. Moving from the deep south into the north at 5 years old, being dirt poor and not having any new clothes or even a decent pair of socks until I was 8  years old and went to work for a farmer during the summer, and being picked on by literally everyone in school because I was poor white trash and talked funny.

I spent my nights, after early lights out, listening to WWVA, Wheeling West Virginia, for hours on end, on a tiny crystal radio with no speaker, but an earpiece. It was the only country radio station I could find. No baseball, or talk, just pure country music.

Music led me to dance, which led me to more music which led me to grade school and high school band, which led me to singing in front of an early rock band at 15. We won a battle of the bands and cut a 45 when I was 16 and the band blew apart from 2 of our members burning out on acid and being put into an institution.

I have listened to, and enjoyed most genres of music over the years but my favorites will always be country and Christian. I started writing at 15 and then went away from it until I was 51. I'm so glad I came back because music still brings me such joy. That's What I Love About Music.

• 1 month later...

Another thing for me is that it has always been a constant in a life full of none....I think even when(not if.... too much of it too loud ;) ) my hearing does go completely tits up, I think I'll still enjoy a good rumblistic bass or some wood, wood, wood, wood.... vibrations.  sorry couldn't help it.

Archived