Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi everyone!

Hi guys, I’m excited to meet you all!

I’ve been writing songs in my bedroom for about 6 years and have finally decided to take the leap to get some recorded. I primarily write in the pop genre. I’m hoping to get critiques on some basic piano/vocal recordings to help me decide which of my songs are worth the investment for full production.

Looking forward to making friends and hearing great music! 

• Like 2

Hi Autumn, 

Welcome to Songstuff and nice to meet you, too.  So are you doing some type of recording, now?  Do you write lyrics with your songs?  We have a Draft Songs critique board that might be where you could post up your work for review.  If you have any questions, just ask.

Have fun and see you around the boards.

:)

Peggy

• Like 1

@Peggy nice to meet you! I write both melody and lyrics. Currently I’m just doing rough recordings with piano and vocals for the purpose of critique. I’m looking into working with a producer for a few songs but I’d love to learn how to do it myself eventually. Will definitely check out the draft songs board!

Edited by Autumn22
  • Like 1

Welcome! Look forward to listening.

Rough recordings (big can of worms to get into what's "produced" or not, that I'd rather stay out of , technology over the last 15-20 years seems to of made everyone and their dog an expert at "professional studio quality" recordings haha, sorry I digress a lot) Tend to work just fine........you can drop a lot of money into a meh song and make it passable I guess, but a good song is there whether recorded over an old answering machine and a land line or a $25k dollar home "studio" Just depends on what your goals are I suppose :) 

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

I agree that a great recording has nothing to do with a great song. However, I would like to eventually submit my music to libraries, sync licensing opportunities etc., and I understand that the production needs to sound “professional” to have a chance of getting placements. But it’s a good point, you should be able to judge if a song is good or not regardless of the recording quality. 

1 hour ago, Autumn22 said:

Thanks guys!

I agree that a great recording has nothing to do with a great song. However, I would like to eventually submit my music to libraries, sync licensing opportunities etc., and I understand that the production needs to sound “professional” to have a chance of getting placements. But it’s a good point, you should be able to judge if a song is good or not regardless of the recording quality. 

that’s why we have a draft song critique board and a song critique board :)

it’s good to know your intended uses too :)

• Like 1