Your Ad Could Be Here

Music Marketing Challenge Series #1: Step 1 - Prep

19 hours ago, geographyhorse said:

In other words, fake it till you make it or something like that.

something many have done and continue to do after they "make it" 😂

2 hours ago, Cody said:

something many have done and continue to do after they "make it" 😂

I'd be curious to see an experiment of somebody becoming "famous" and yet having produced NO content. 

5 hours ago, geographyhorse said:

I'd be curious to see an experiment of somebody becoming "famous" and yet having produced NO content. 

Don't think it would be real hard...kind of like the Mandela effect.....oh yeah this guy is great AMAZING!!! has done so many wonderful things lots of that posted everywhere but nothing to be found if you go actually looking.  Eventually they'd be one of those well respected experts :) That everyone just knows they must know what they're talking about

11 hours ago, geographyhorse said:

In 1980's UK the band Bros became famous before they had released any music, based more or less on interviews for TV radio and magazines. Their first released song was "When will I be famous". Their first gig was a few singles down the line, at Wembley Arena lol

I guess interviews are technically a type of content.

Of course it was pre-social media, but it did demonstrate the release of music was not needed to become famous. Certainly today people have launched on the back of some reality TV... yet again technically it is content about them, usually at saturation level.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 2:41 PM, john said:

Participants

If you are interested please leave a reply saying that you want to be included. I intend to add "enrolled" members to posts in the series to try and make sure that they don't miss any of the topics.

if its not too late id like to get involved. 

On 7/6/2020 at 2:41 PM, john said:

3 Questions

I asked you to ask yourself these questions:

1. How many fans do you have? Not social media likes, comments or shares. Remove family and friends who are fans of you, not your music. I mean actual, real FANS.
  2. When you do your next release, how many new fans do you expect to have after 6 weeks?
  3. Do you know what to do to get better results?

1. number of fans based on youtube and spotify stats id say maybe around 10

Youtube:
                               based of the last 90days

- watch time hours:61.7 (down 31%)
     - 90day views: 1.9k (down 14%)
     - 90days unique viewers: 926
     - 90days subscribers:+28 (+56%)
Of 1.9K views in the last 90 days, 65% came from videos on your official artist channel and 35% came from videos that feature your music on other channels

spotify 
                                              past 28 days  
5 listeners400% change since last month

2.  I expect after my next release to bring a number of new fans from anywhere between 0 and maybe 10. after correct marketing I hope to get these numbers to between 50 100

3. iv no idea what I need to do get better results. I was told focus on quality not numbers which is why iv spent some time now improving other areas of music, such as clearer words in my rap correct syllable placement during and after recordings and better mixes that play good on different speakers

Do you have:

• A team of helpers :
  • Biographies : kind of
  • A press kit : no 
  • A portfolio of photos: Yes
  • A list of fans (not social media followers) : no

On 8/3/2020 at 8:12 PM, ALOPRODUCTIONZ said:

1. number of fans based on youtube and spotify stats id say maybe around 10

Youtube:
                               based of the last 90days

- watch time hours:61.7 (down 31%)
     - 90day views: 1.9k (down 14%)
     - 90days unique viewers: 926
     - 90days subscribers:+28 (+56%)
Of 1.9K views in the last 90 days, 65% came from videos on your official artist channel and 35% came from videos that feature your music on other channels

spotify 
                                              past 28 days  
5 listeners400% change since last month

2.  I expect after my next release to bring a number of new fans from anywhere between 0 and maybe 10. after correct marketing I hope to get these numbers to between 50 100

3. iv no idea what I need to do get better results. I was told focus on quality not numbers which is why iv spent some time now improving other areas of music, such as clearer words in my rap correct syllable placement during and after recordings and better mixes that play good on different speakers

Do you have:

• A team of helpers :
  • Biographies : kind of
  • A press kit : no 
  • A portfolio of photos: Yes
  • A list of fans (not social media followers) : no

Awesome Alo. Good to know...

The next topic in the series is here:

On 7/26/2020 at 3:49 AM, john said:

In 1980's UK the band Bros became famous before they had released any music, based more or less on interviews for TV radio and magazines. Their first released song was "When will I be famous". Their first gig was a few singles down the line, at Wembley Arena lol

I guess interviews are technically a type of content.

Of course it was pre-social media, but it did demonstrate the release of music was not needed to become famous. Certainly today people have launched on the back of some reality TV... yet again technically it is content about them, usually at saturation level.

Yeah I had thought about reality tv, and instagram models, being cases of that happening, but that would count as content...........I guess :D 

• john changed the title to Music Marketing Challenge Series #1: Step 1 - Prep
  • 6 months later...
  • Noob

Hey guys & gals!

I'm up for the challenge. I started creating music when I was in my late teen years. I started playing the violin, trombone, percussion and then I dived into creating music with VSTs. Now I am over 30 and music still gets me excited so I am ready to drop a good bit of music this year. 

Here are a few screenshots of my stats.

Screenshot_20210301-142821_Spotify for Artists.jpg

chrome-2021-03-01_14-25-00.jpg

Archived