Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello everyone!

I would like to introduce myself.  I am a songwriter, originally from California, but living in Iowa (USA) now for many years.  I am a music lover, for sure, and for that reason writing songs seemed a natural extension of my interests.  I am not much of a musician/performer.  I play around on the piano and can write a score on the computer that is adequate for an arranger to get the drift of what I am trying to convey.  I grew up in a musical family, with both grandmothers piano teachers, and one of them also a cellist.  So classical music is in my DNA, as well as jazz, and retro rock (70s and earlier).  I am a latecomer to country music, although I appreciate the mature emotional depth that country can unleash.  I have also been a fan of serious sacred music and some popular music over the decades, especially musical theater.   

I started writing songs to put in a series of full-length musicals that I wrote, set in different decades in the late 20th and early 21st centuries.  This gave me license to write songs in a variety of genres, for a variety of voices, duets, and ensembles.  Many of those songs are stand-alone songs that I have since had recorded.  I do not do my own recordings, but instead send my music to a studio in Nashville for arranging, performance, and recording.

If you would like to listen to some of my music, here are links to my first two albums containing  a variety of genres:  pop, country, folk, blues, rock, and jazz.

Hey Clark, nice to meet you! Welcome to Songstuff :) I’m enjoying listening to your tracks. Good stuff!

Archived