Your Ad Could Be Here

Critique Boards - Public or Member Only?

Critique Board Visibility  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How visible would the critique boards be? (Choose the most important to you)

• All Critique Boards should be viewable by the public
    • Most critique boards should be hidden from public
    • Don't care
  2. 2. Where boards are publicly viewable, what about the posts? (Ideally)

• Posts should be publicly viewable in public boards
    • The board should be visible, but posts should be hidden
    • The board should be visible, topic titles should be visible, but post content should be hidden
    • Don't care

Hi Gang

A quick poll on where we should position the critique boards... please register your opinion :) Thanks!

John

@Peggy@Mahesh@Lisa Gates@LadyStarkaryen

• john changed the title to Critique Boards - Public or Member Only?

Hi John,

It may give them a reason to join if they can't just come on, read things, get advice, and hide!

• 2 weeks later...

I've submitted my votes, but I also wanted to add that if you seek to acquire additional members, when posting an article, it might be helpful to give the public a taste of the article, as in maybe a few paragraphs, but to read the whole of it, you have to be a member.  There needs to be some sort of advantage to becoming a member.  If everything is public, why would someone become a member?

• Editors
On 11/18/2020 at 9:24 PM, Pahchisme Plaid said:

I've submitted my votes, but I also wanted to add that if you seek to acquire additional members, when posting an article, it might be helpful to give the public a taste of the article, as in maybe a few paragraphs, but to read the whole of it, you have to be a member.  There needs to be some sort of advantage to becoming a member.  If everything is public, why would someone become a member?

That's a very interesting idea! I see many journalism/media/news websites follow this approach of allowing for an excerpt to be publicly viewable but for them to continue reading, they would have to become a member to log in. Thanks for that! :)

Archived