Your Ad Could Be Here

New Music Friday #4

It's that time of the week again! Drop your tidbits here. I'll be back to post something later tonight.

Our new weekly tradition!

Here is something I started last night when I remembered I needed something for today. It was fun recording this, I think I'll have a go at more rock songs and try to dial in better rock guitar tones and rock drums. As much as I love making electronic music I mostly listen to rock.

Feat. Heavy autotune

Edited by Old Technology
  • Like 1

Sorry I'm late guys. I started a new job this week and have been working 11-hour days. I listened to both tracks after my shift last night. I want to listen one more time today (when I'm not dead tired, LOL!) and will post something in a few hours. Hang with me! I haven't abandoned you guys. :)

Okay, here is my NMF 4 piece. I imported a bunch of stems from abandoned projects on an old hard drive. I took one out for a spin this week and added a bunch of stuff, etc. It's still just a sketch, but there are some cool things in it, I think. Anyway, it's the top track on this reel. I'll be back to comment on your tracks shortly.

https://rcrft.co/reel/whoisthemuesk/nmfsketches

• Like 1

Ryan, I like this direction you're headed. It's an interesting blend of prog and punk. I, too, am interested in rock and metal. My favorite Sirius station is Octane. Looking forward to hearing more!

@Old Technology

Edited by Steve Mueske

Mike, wow, this track is very cool! You have such a wonderful indie feel and your music transports me. Really digging it.

Your voice reminds me of an artist I know from Arizona. His name is James Britt. He has an album called Small Guitar Pieces that you might dig. The way he sings and the way you sing are very similar.

@Popthree

I never do this, and I'm sorry if this is offensive in some way, but here is a link to that album. Most tracks don't have singing, but some do. He created this album from improv sketches that were cutup and arranged in the tracker Renoise.

https://jamesbritt.bandcamp.com/album/small-guitar-pieces

Edited by Steve Mueske
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 5:56 PM, Popthree said:

mine is a recycled impromptu 1+1 recording.  i'm not completely happy with my performance as there are a couple of flubs on my part that ruin it (for me anyway), but i'm really just using it as an object of experimentation where i try to accompany the 1+1 with some ambient looping.  

i'll probably pull this down after a few days because, well, it just needs to be better than it is. but i'm not feeling inspired enough to re-record and do it justice at this present time so yeah.

This sounds nice I love the guitar melody. Maybe some light  percussion will get you re motivated

@Popthree Thanks for the kind words. I'm curious how it sounds like 70's prog in some areas. I listened to your track, I think your voice has a lot of character to it.

@Steve Mueske Loving that second half. Do you record your guitar recording with an amp or is it all software? I like the tone it had.

Edited by Old Technology

10 hours ago, Old Technology said:

@Steve Mueske Loving that second half. Do you record your guitar recording with an amp or is it all software? I like the tone it had.

@Old Technology There are no guitars in any of my NMF sketches. If you are talking about NMF 4, that's Repro 5 doing arpeggios, with a little sauce. The melody line is an Asian Kontakt instrument, ghunang, I think. For the Pentachrist stuff I've done so far (not on this reel), it's been a mixture of Hydra (heavily processed) and me playing through Guitar Rig 6. I picked up an Axe FX III, which I'm going to be using on future recordings; it's hardware, but not an amp. It's a really good modeller. I haven't recorded anything with it yet. Still setting up templates and such. We can take this offline to discuss more if you like.