Your Ad Could Be Here

New Music Friday #11

@Popthree I listened to all of these. Dig all of them!

I got 1 listen from all this. I don't want to be a cheerleader, and I'm not going to continue investing time in this.

I'm sorry. My gut instinct is to withdraw, so that's what I'm going to do. If people care enough for this to continue, it will. I'll check back, but I'm not going to continue driving this unless something changes.

Just now, Popthree said:

I listened to your share. I haven't even looked to see how many I got.

Thank you for starting NMF. I wish more people gave a care.

I appreciate you, brother! I'll listen to anything you have, ever. Message me to let me know.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 9:21 PM, Popthree said:

i play every day.  its soothing and stress relieving for me.  i usually try and record some part of my daily playing time.

I like the first one quite a bit. It has a gentle undulating sound which is very soothing. 

I never record unless it is for a piece simply because I associate recording with perfect playing. Hitting the record button is when I get nervous. Live performances can have all types of errors which go unnoticed so audiences are fun whereas recording is serious business in my mind.

On 1/28/2022 at 9:31 PM, Steve Mueske said:

Melodically I like it, dynamically I don't. The volume spikes so loud it is actually painful to my ears. It is almost like gunfire.

Mix down the volume peaks and it would be enjoyable. Even if you don't want it to be enjoyable mix down the spikes please.

@Steve Mueske I love Death piano! One of my favourite recent pieces by you. I just wish it was longer. That said, it’s a mark of something good if it leaves you wanting more. It’s just that it felt it had a lot more to evolve, a lot more to say.

@Popthree I am less fond of loop 1.6.2022, it had some good aspects but it was a bit too wish washy, too ambiguous. but I like a few aspects of Loop 1.27.2022. I like the backing loop and I like some of the lead… but it feels like it shouldn’t be based on the blues pentatonic. For me that clashed, making it a bit too predictable.

None Of Us Are Free

As draft as it gets. I am sorry about the bad recording and many many errors…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, john said:

None Of Us Are Free

Now that took courage! There is something deep and honest and real here. Thank you for sharing.

4 hours ago, john said:

@Steve Mueske I love Death piano! One of my favourite recent pieces by you. I just wish it was longer. That said, it’s a mark of something good if it leaves you wanting more. It’s just that it felt it had a lot more to evolve, a lot more to say.

Oh, it will be longer. That's just what I could squeeze in with two hours of work. Usually a test drive for an idea or sound pallet is around 30 seconds to a minute for me. If I like the idea, I'll come back to it. If not, it goes into one of my 10,000 folders to be forgotten about for a few years. I plan to give this at least two more sessions and see how I feel about it.

8 hours ago, Clay Anderson Johnson said:

Melodically I like it, dynamically I don't. The volume spikes so loud it is actually painful to my ears. It is almost like gunfire.

Mix down the volume peaks and it would be enjoyable. Even if you don't want it to be enjoyable mix down the spikes please.

Sorry. I do work hot initially. I do this for mood and texture. I will definitely be working on dynamics and development. This is just an initial idea.

3 hours ago, john said:

None Of Us Are Free

I like it. This reminds me a lot of Terry Reid.

There is a type of drone/raga mixed with folk effect that he got using open tunings. However this sounds like standard tuning. Which is it?

So, reelcrafter, after a year and a half of talking about this, decided to migrate from version 1 to version 2 overnight. I think I have migrated everything properly.

Anyway, here's the same track after three more hours worth of work. I hope I have everything updated properly on my end. It's the top piece and should have today's date. 

https://play.reelcrafter.com/whoisthemuesk/nmfsketches

Edited by Steve Mueske

34 minutes ago, Steve Mueske said:

👍🏻Really good! This is one of the best things I've heard you do. It would be a great piece to segue into a slight variation with a more forward flowing movement, perhaps with additional instrumentation, and then return to the original more stately theme.

I like your other pieces but this one seems to stand apart in its own category. It has a more formal composition quality and is restrained in its presentation which works well for you.

• Thanks 1

• Editors
On 1/30/2022 at 4:16 PM, john said:

None Of Us Are Free

Oh man. That sounds beautiful bud. Such a Damien Rice vibe from when he isn't whining lol (I LOVE Damo!) like the song Trusty & True. Very heartfelt bud. Looking forward to seeing where this will go. The guitars sound beautiful btw. 

• Editors
13 hours ago, Steve Mueske said:

That sounds ominously beautiful @Steve Mueske! Oh man, you're so good with soundscapes. I could totally hear sounds like this on an epic Adele track! Really looking to see where this will progress!

• Thanks 1

• Editors

Here's something I wrote recently. I'll let you know it's quite a rough demo and from the night I wrote it.

Change, you're always on the corner of my mind
And even though I know I'll never find you
I keep trying nonetheless without a blame

And maybe, I'll see you in a different state of mind
But who knows how long it stays the kind
of life that we'd never wanna change

We're falling into our own lives
With no control, so hold on tight

9 hours ago, Mahesh said:

That sounds ominously beautiful @Steve Mueske! Oh man, you're so good with soundscapes. I could totally hear sounds like this on an epic Adele track! Really looking to see where this will progress!

Thanks, brother!

9 hours ago, Mahesh said:

Here's something I wrote recently. I'll let you know it's quite a rough demo and from the night I wrote it.

Change, you're always on the corner of my mind
And even though I know I'll never find you
I keep trying nonetheless without a blame

And maybe, I'll see you in a different state of mind
But who knows how long it stays the kind
of life that we'd never wanna change

We're falling into our own lives
With no control, so hold on tight

I adore this! I sooo love your voice and the surprising way the chorus arrives is quite nice!

22 hours ago, Clay Anderson Johnson said:

👍🏻Really good! This is one of the best things I've heard you do. It would be a great piece to segue into a slight variation with a more forward flowing movement, perhaps with additional instrumentation, and then return to the original more stately theme.

I like your other pieces but this one seems to stand apart in its own category. It has a more formal composition quality and is restrained in its presentation which works well for you.

I'm hearing a slow melody develop that I'd like to pursue. I'm trying to keep this minimal, but with developing motifs that surface and become part of the material.