Your Ad Could Be Here

Hullo from me

Hello,

I’m a hobbyist musician looking to learn and improve by hearing others work as well as getting feedback on my own.

I’m a poor musician and singer (good start) but I enjoy the process of creation. My music can be a bit esoteric as I generally avoid the 3 minute pop song - not out of any particular principle, I just enjoy the flow of something more expansive/less restricting. That said I’ve been known to knock out a three minuter from time to time and when I do I generally think ‘oh yeah, that does sound better’.

I suppose the balance to strike is to tighten up my arrangements without loosing the joy of creation and what I consider my ‘artistic voice’.

I’m currently finishing up on a story album involving an alien invasion. It’s about the faults in our (uk/west) society and hope for a more equal world.

Anyhoo, pleased to be here.

CCB

• Editors

Welcome aboard CCB...

7 hours ago, CorkingCrackBand said:

I’m currently finishing up on a story album involving an alien invasion. It’s about the faults in our (uk/west) society and hope for a more equal world.

What an interesting back story! Good luck with that and do share it with us when you get to it! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Mahesh said:

Welcome aboard CCB...

What an interesting back story! Good luck with that and do share it with us when you get to it! :)

Thanks for the welcome and encouraging words. The album is very tongue in cheek so there’s a lot of silliness amongst the ‘commentary’.  I might post the most complete (as I can make it) song now.

CCB

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, VoiceEx said:

Welcome to Songstuff CCB!

So... a tongue and cheek album involving an alien invasion, which may or may not contain songs which pass the 3 minute mark. Sounds like things are heating up at the UK! Beam me up, i'd love to hear it! :)

Cheers @VoiceEx

By the way - I don't hang out here waiting to pounce on replies, I just happened to be 'welcoming' someone else when you posted! 😄

Seeing as this thread is unlikely to be read again I don't feel too bad about posting this here. It's from about midway through the album and is about an enslaved humanity considering fighting back. It's a sort of prog rock/pop/punk mash up and if it's not your cup of tea then I suspect the rest of the album isn't for you, as it were. 😁 It does contain a naughty word or two.

The whole album is available on my SoundCloud - just a word of caution, it's written to work as a whole and the opening tracks are quite stodgy/oppressive for thematic purposes that hopefully pay off by the explosive end but they are more like watching the slow start to a 3 hr film than listening to pop music.🙂 I don't sell myself very well! 😁

All the best

CCB

Edited by CorkingCrackBand
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CorkingCrackBand said:

Cheers @VoiceEx

By the way - I don't hang out here waiting to pounce on replies, I just happened to be 'welcoming' someone else when you posted! 😄

Understood @CorkingCrackBand. Not to worry, Songstuff is a place of gentlemen. You're secret is safe with me! 🧐

Seeing as this thread is unlikely to be read again I don't feel too bad about posting this here. It's from about midway through the album and is about an enslaved humanity considering fighting back. It's a sort of prog rock/pop/punk mash up and if it's not your cup of tea then I suspect the rest of the album isn't for you, as it were. 😁 It does contain a naughty word or two.

Naughty words? Now that sounds like the 'Queen's English' to me! Not to worry, even at risk of damaging my virgin ears, I intend to give it a good 'ol rub, as it were! When it comes to checking out new music, I drink my tea in buckets 👍 You are also welcome to share your work on the Showcase Board. or edit your profile 'signature' to shamelessly provide further ease of access to your work. Just an idea, of course. Do as you wish!

The whole album is available on my SoundCloud - just a word of caution, it's written to work as a whole and the opening tracks are quite stodgy/oppressive for thematic purposes that hopefully pay off by the explosive end but they are more like watching the slow start to a 3 hr film than listening to pop music.🙂 I don't sell myself very well! 😁

All the best

CCB

Yeah I figured as much. As it happens, I prefer strong theme based album's which are designed to flesh out their concept as a unit 👍 I intend to check it all out properly, when I have more time. I could also let you know what I think about it, if you'd be interested. Though, you may wish to consider arranging that album in a playlist. Make's things easier, especially if the song's are meant to serve as follow ups.

Edited by VoiceEx
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, VoiceEx said:

You are also welcome to share your work on the Showcase Board. or edit your profile 'signature' to shamelessly provide further ease of access to your work.

Disconcertingly, I thought I had! 😮I'll check in the morning what I've done wrong. I have posted in 'showcase' but quickly realised my music is not up to snuff in there so confine myself to critique now. 😁

47 minutes ago, VoiceEx said:

U I could also let you know what I think about it, if you'd be interested. Though, you may wish to consider arranging that album in a playlist. Make's things easier, especially if the song's are meant to serve as follow ups.

Already done:- 

- this was supposed to be a link to it not this big box thing - hopefully it works. I'd be delighted if you'd offer feedback. No one's listened to more than a few tracks so far so It'd be great to get an idea of the structure working/or not. For instance, the narrator in the first song does return, hopefully to quite powerful effect near the end, bookending the album and showing how far humanity has come. It's split into 3 acts of Invasion(1-8)/Occupation(8-14)/Rebellion(15-20) - once humanity has learnt it's lesson and is aided by the humble rats. The final act is by a distance the most 'listenable' as it is releasing the tension built over the preceding 2. The Battle Of Ratterton-on-Thames is very much the climax with the following songs tying up the themes/story. The hope is that by the end, the beginnings style and attitude don't just make sense, but feel necessary for the denouement. It's a very silly album with some very serious points to make. 

It's probably worth noting that track 2 is basically a 2 minute radio play but it's the only 'song' that does that. I appreciate I've banged on and obviously please feel under no obligation to follow up on this. Time is precious! 👍

CCB