Your Ad Could Be Here

One man band - El Diablo Songwriter

Hi 

I do everything for my songs.  I create the lyrics, mix, master, create the music video, etc.

I've got a slew of plugins that I've bought over the years.  I monitor my music using Sony 7506 and Yamaha HS5. I own the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 4th generation. AT2050 Microphone. Roland Midi keyboard PCR-300 (special design to work with Sonar Producer 8.5.3) on Windows 7, but I managed to force windows 10 to use it.

I'm also a programmer.  My GitHub is here: https://github.com/war3evo

I love to ride my electric bicycle to places around the town.

I'm currently a lone wolf.  My IQ is too high for my own good as nobody wishes to engage my interests.  I understand I don't know as much as I wish I want to know about the universe and other things.  Relationships come and go.  People tend to not really understand me much.  I've been classified as ADHD and my sister thinks I have Asperger's, because her son has it and her son reminds her of me.

I'm so smart that I'm dumb...lol.  I get berated at work for speaking to them.  A lot of people get highly annoyed by how I speak... (when I watch someone do something, and before they do it, I speak it out loud, not knowing I did, and they think I'm trying to tell them what to do, but in my mind I'm just trying to predict their next move out loud... It's how I learn to do things, if I'm watching someone do it.)

I use music as a creative way to create new things.  I don't like to "stick with the common methods of making music".  I love to invent new ways to create music.  It's pretty easy to me. Most of my songs only takes a couple of days from start to finish.  I get 3-4 days off per week at work, so this gives me time to create a least 1 song per week.  Sometimes, I'm just bored or don't feel like it, so I may skip weeks before making a song.  I've gotta push myself, instead of creating new projects.  It's one way I am able to finish a song, is it do it fast.  So many ideas I have all wanting to come out and express themselves.

I have a vast amount of experiences, and a lot of my songs rely on them.

Some people might think I'm a Lunatic:

Then I tried some A.I. stuff which can cost a lot of money to create a video...

Unfinished Songs didn't create anything for about a year, so I wrote this song for him:

Created for a Army friend whom has PTSD and I wanted a unusual song that uses verse, verse, verse, verse, ending with chorus:

I've got several other songs, just take a look at my YouTube channel:

https://youtube.com/@ElDiabloSongwriter

• Like 3

Hi

Welcome to Songstuff! I’m glad you could join us!

I’m now interested to know the subjects you feel you can’t engage on! 

I love creative expression, and love it when people are prepared to at least sometimes do everything. I am like you. I write the songs, play all the instruments, record, mix, produce, master and market and promote my own music, though it has been many years since I actually released anything. Most of my time has been focused on helping others. Now I have approaching 30 ready to record and I can’t wait. Hopefully starting recording on Friday.

I think it’s perfectly healthy for a few people to be regularly questioning your sanity. That is common for creatives but especially for creatives who also excel at logic, problem solving and technical subjects. The combination is rare and while eccentric, creative thoughts scare sensible, grounded people, logic etc freaks out the creatives. Win, win! People say it about me too, so I get it.

I’ll dive into your music, and swim around for a while :)

• Thanks 1

Hi, El Diablo

Your nickname is a great great record from ZZ Top...

We're almost on the same trip, I often do all of my creations from composition to video. Afterwards we played the compos with the musician in my old band. I am now alone to manage all.
For videos I mainly use public domain and videos under Creative Common licenses.

• Like 1

• Editors

Hello there, 

Thanks for joining the boards, checked out a few of your tracks. Interesting sounds! Looking forward to sharing some discussions with you in the future! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manfred Philips said:

Hi, El Diablo

Your nickname is a great great record from ZZ Top...

We're almost on the same trip, I often do all of my creations from composition to video. Afterwards we played the compos with the musician in my old band. I am now alone to manage all.
For videos I mainly use public domain and videos under Creative Common licenses.

I didn't know that.  I went to go listen to it right away and it's pretty good, but not my story.

I currently use https://vizzy.io/ and force them to use my 96khz recordings with the video creation. Then they won't upload your video to their servers..oh well, I upload it to YouTube anyhow.

• Like 1

We can discuss in the future about the interest or not to work with so high sampling frequencies.

On my side I worked for years now in 44,1 16 bits (Called CD Quality).

A sound example is better than words :

Edited by Manfred Philips
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manfred Philips said:

We can discuss in the future about the interest or not to work with so high sampling frequencies.

On my side I worked for years now in 44,1 16 bits (Called CD Quality).

I'm guessing that's a hot topic for you.  Frequencies.

I understand that the human ear can't perceive the differences higher than 44.1, right now...but our future selves may be able to hear them...we may evolve to hear them.  From what I understand, there's some autistic individuals that can perceive those frequencies.

Hey El Diablo,

Welcome to the boards!  Nice voice! Got some more of your tracks to listen to.  Good to have you around.  

Peggy

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Peggy said:

Hey El Diablo,

Welcome to the boards!  Nice voice! Got some more of your tracks to listen to.  Good to have you around.  

Peggy

That's nice of you, but I only expect that nice from karaoke bars where the drunk can't hear good 😂 I actually know my voice isn't up to par with most professionals 🤪

• 2 weeks later...

So you're a fellow lunatic, huh? I think that is absolutely fantastic! Welcome aboard! :)

I've also checked out some of your music. I particularly enjoyed "Heros of Legend" because It has a nice nostalgic vibe to it. It got me thinking about old school Warcraft. And while I wouldn't recommend integrating that Score into a modern videogame as it is right now, I do however think that it has some great building blocks 👍

Edited by VoiceEx
  • Like 1