Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi, I'm Auburn, I'm starting my career in music under the name Auburner. I'm here to ask questions, ask for critique, and share my art. 
I want to explore hip-hop, experimental, and rock music. All done with punk abrasiveness and political brutality. Inspired by bands like clipping, Merzbow, Death Grips, and Boris. Yes, I do indeed have something wrong with me, some kind of worm in my brain I reckon. I'm a skilled writer and I can play guitar fairly well, as well as keys. I have a basic grasp of music theory and a fairly good intuitive understanding of my instruments, I can also sing and rap. Quite busy at the moment, and not really a good pick for collaboration. However, I may ask for some collaboration from others for my own project later down the line. 

I love music for its ability to tell stories, and as such I enjoy many different genres. From hardcore, to rock, to indie, to dream and art pop, to jazz, to hip-hop, to harsh noise and industrial - I find that all these genres have important stories to tell. I do tend to gravitate to the more extreme and violent sub genres, probably cuz of the brain worm. 
I'm on a low budget, and have a DIY attitude towards music. Also extremely lacking in gear. I want to learn, and as long as you're constructive about it, I appreciate all criticism. 

Edited by Auburn
  • Like 1

Hi and welcome to Songstuff Auburn!

Just reading your post…. Do you do your own recording and production too?

These are the greatly levelling days. By all means have expensive gear, but it isn’t necessary. Gear (software or hardware) can make things easier, but lacking it will not stop you. To be honest, I think lacking gear just forces you to be creative!

I look forwards to hearing your music!

Cheers

John

I do record and produce my own work. Still in early stages, but I'm scraping together a workable setup. And yes, limitations have seriously influenced the music I've made. I'm trying to make music that benefits from the rough edges that I can't smooth out, rather than suffer from them. 

• Like 1

Welcome to Songstuff @Auburn!:)

You've mentioned that you love music for its ability to tell stories and that you also "gravitate to the more extreme and violent sub genre". If that's the case then I have a question for you. Speaking as a fictional writer, one that also happens to enjoy exploring gritty sounds and dark concepts, may I ask, is there a way for me to check out some of your work?

Edited by VoiceEx

7 hours ago, Auburn said:

I do record and produce my own work. Still in early stages, but I'm scraping together a workable setup. And yes, limitations have seriously influenced the music I've made. I'm trying to make music that benefits from the rough edges that I can't smooth out, rather than suffer from them. 

That sounds like a good approach. Embracing that which you cannot change will result in a stronger end product.

I look forwards to hearing your tracks!

On 4/26/2024 at 9:22 PM, VoiceEx said:

Welcome to Songstuff @Auburn!:)

You've mentioned that you love music for its ability to tell stories and that you also "gravitate to the more extreme and violent sub genre". If that's the case then I have a question for you. Speaking as a fictional writer, one that also happens to enjoy exploring gritty sounds and dark concepts, may I ask, is there a way for me to check out some of your work?

Unfortunately, with limited resources and very little free time, things are progressing at a snail's pace. It will be a while before I have anything to show for my effort unfortunately... but when I have something, I'll be sure to post it.  

• Like 2