Your Ad Could Be Here

Show Us

your favorite guitar. And tell us why you love it? and why you would never get rid of it! :)

I'll try to get some pics of mine later!

My 15 year USA telecaster - get everything i ever want out of it. Pretty much use it for 90 percent of recordings

Tis the guitar in my avater

Edited by tgrover

Here we are then! This is my baby. I've had this guitar for over 30 years. I had originally bought a Fender Telecaster that was frankly, a piece of firewood! So I managed to do a swap at a local music store for this Antoria Les Paul and an accoustic. The only improvements made to this guitar were a new set of machine heads and the addition of the Gibson pickup, which was given to me by a friend. Oh I also stoned the frets due to a few uneven ones. It plays superbly! Much better than any Gibson I've ever played. (And I've had a few in my hands) and I would never part with it! I love it! :)

PIC_0007.jpg

PIC_0006.jpg

PIC_0005.jpg

I think I have exposed my beloved Pearl Custom before... but I love it so much that I'm going to do it some more!!

This guitar belonged firstly to an angry teenager that smashed it on the floor when his father told him to turn down the amp, it broke the head off the neck. Next another guy bought it with the guitar head in one hand and the rest on the other, glued it on and then added some reinforcement to the joint.

I worked a whole summer in La Serena, Chile, selling leather stuff with a hippie friend of my mother who made shoes, bags, belts wallets... all made of leather, it was all day under the sun selling this stuff to the tourists...

I made enough money to buy a cheap new guitar or an ok used guitar, I choosed the last one and sent all the money to my friend Miguel who had more guitar knowledge and he was lucky to find this beauty for me.

I changed the original pickups for Dimarzios 10 years ago and it had a Roland GK-2 MIDI pickup for a bunch of time, so the bridge was cutted to a half to fit the GK-2 in (now removed).

the circuit was done by myself and features:

- an on/off switch

- a 3 position switch that controls both pickups and gives out singlecoil/humbucker, humbucker/humbucker and singlecoil/singlecoil.

- a tone switch that stays out of the circuit when off.

- a cap on the volume pot that bleeds some high end out when lowering the volume.

the volume pot it's a bit noisy nowadays, too busy to change it...

my_guitar_1.jpg

guitar_case_stickers_inside.jpg

I was going to post pore images but got an error, something about dynamic pages?!! ???

• 1 month later...

OK heres mine. Its a Jackson Soloist XL Professional

JacksonSoloist.jpg

I traded in my Fender Strat (which i thought I would keep always) for this. The fretboard is the widest I have ever seen on an electric guitar. I prefer this for fretting. Its also handy for fingerpicking (such as on 'Brown Eyed Girl' on stage). The middle pickup may be single coil, its quite clean anyway.

The sound is lush. Also all string volumes are perfectly balanced at all settings. It has 24 easily accessible frets due to neck profiling and the absence of a 'bolt on' heel.

It doesnt lose its tuning due to the locked down strings at the nut.

However, the Floyd-Rose bridge has the same inherent problem as all floating bridges. The set up is a pig to do! I have wedged a piece of wood under the back plate to fix it in position. This disables the tremelo, but its worth it.

It’s the 2nd most comfortable solid body I’ve ever played.

The most comfortable was a budget priced Charvette (Charvel) which weighed next to nothing and had a beautiful action. All this was at the expense of sound quality though.

If I were to lose this. I would scour the country for another (I have played another. It was surprisingly consistent in feel).

Edited by Rudi

• 1 year later...

Here's my fav electric:

Image013-1.jpg

Image014.jpg

Image017.jpg

And my fav acoustic:

Image007.jpg

Image008.jpg

(I was just gonna upload the one without the flash, but the blemishes that become obvious are part of this axe's charm :))

Image009.jpg

Image010.jpg

Yup, this guitar has seen some abuse, don;t let toddlers near yours! Lol, unless you have fiber glass resin handy, and an old shirt or two...

You haven't played it... It sounds good, and I like to play it... :) Also, it saves me the money and hassle of buying a new one... so :P

:)

BTW, you shouldn't throw anything away any more! Freecycle it first! Then someone will come take it away for you, and make use of it them selves, even if only for spares! :) I got myself a new printer just last week thanks to Freecycle cardiff :) Joy!