Your Ad Could Be Here

Song Title Association Game

2 hours ago, tunesmithth said:

Personally, I've never viewed this a competition...more like a cooperative, ongoing effort.

Were it truly competitive, there would be winners, losers and the game would have ended years ago.

Right?

Doesn't mean you can't take a competitive approach to it, but you may need to tamp down your expectations for the rest of us. ;)

As for that last link Tom, I'm guessing that maybe "a key" could be seen as "indispensable" when attempting to open a locked door. :eusa_think:

Or maybe using a link that can open is indispensable?  Either way, we have to take a point away from Rob. :arabia:

Edited by McnaughtonPark

thought we were all just trying to link songs let others know what we like . let them listen and judge for themselves if the music is good or bad or to their taste . have heard a lot of great music on this forum stuff I would never have listened to normally  gone on you tube and  listened to more of it .   so what is the solution only post once a day so not to offend or take up to much space ?

john

ps does this mean it is the end of this forum ?

Edited by scotsman89

FWIW, Rudi didnt get the 'key' - 'indispensable' thing and was about to challenge also  :eusa_think:

anyway....

50 Ways to Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon

1 minute ago, McnaughtonPark said:

Lol, too late for me.  Just a split second, but I'll try again.

:P

• Like 1

an artist i like a lot fine words . 

Peter  Sarstedt  weaver weave me a coat

a great song by a band that went soft PO     ( saw the new M7 thought it was ok )

Chicago  25 or 6  -24

Edited by scotsman89

Okay, can someone explain to me the premise of this topic, without going through 280 odd pages. I look at the posts and don't see much of a pattern, so was wondering what the song title association is with the tracks posted. I would like to join in, but don't have a clue what to do... cheers in advance.

The premise is to link the song just posted with your new song.  Either title-title, title-group, or group-group.

The above post, 25 or 6 to 4 was linked by the numbers to Magnificent 7 theme, which was linked to the group name The Magnificent 6, who's song title was within the web which was linked to the title Weaver, Weave Me A Coat.

Each post is somehow linked to the post above it.  So, the group name above is Chicago, I might post

Boston- More Than A Feeling

But you can get more creative if you want to.  Like think of 25 as one quarter and post Led Zeppelin's No quarter, or think in terms of telling time, or stay with Chicago and post the new Cubs song, or Take Me Out To The Ball Game.  Things like that.  The stonger associations are easier to build from, the more clever associations are fun to figure out too.

Edited by McnaughtonPark
  • Like 1

( personally think Joe Cockers version of summer in the city  is better but that's just me )

I have this record as a 7" single pretty rare I think 

the knife   -Genesis

Edited by scotsman89

Yes, very nice this version by Cocker... I'm just listening it, and it's really cool! But the song is cool at the basis;)...

Raoul And The Kings Of Spain - Tears For Fears

And by the way, with a little delay, great piece concerning "The Magnificent Seven"!

Edited by Matthew76

reading the book from the gramophone to the i  phone    and along the way listening to  the music ragtime jazz  so far  and still available on you tube will be ordering some stuff soon .

sister Rosetta Tharpe   (wow )   crying in the chapel