Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi There.

Desertrose

Well, hello there.

I've been meaning to introduce myself for a while now.

I am 39 years old, living in Perth Australia, a mum to four kids (yup I'm crazy!) and songwriting has always been my passion and my therapy ;)

Prior to going crazy and doing my bit populating the universe I used to sing in bands with my hubby Richard (he's a bass player/sound engineer) but we have been out of it for a long time now, and now that we find ourselves to be on the verse of being "old farts" in the world of music/performers (which is not hard if you're anything beyond puberty) well, I just still love writing because without it I'd go mad.

I'm not really looking to DO anything at this point with my music besides write it and share it and that's because I am so jaded with the whole music industry in general.....Should I say the "entertainment" industry, because really, it's not about the "music" as far as I can tell.

Anyway...I won't get started on that, lol.

I WILL say though that from what I hear around on the net, on songwriting forums, and other music communities that there is a heck of a lot of really GOOD music out there - far better sometimes than what you hear on the radio!

Makes me mad really.....but...oh I must not GO there!

So....I'm here basically because I like to listen to other peoples creativity - it inspires me, and in turn perhaps my own music might do likewise - hopefully anyway :)

Well that's enough of a ramble for now.

I'll go and start finding my way around.

Thanks for the additional welcomes :)

I'm afraid I might be flitting on and off this board for a while as I am in the process of moving house and am up to my armpits in paint and half packed boxes.

I'd like though at some stage to get into this whole "jaded" stuff with you guys...though sometimes I wonder if I'm just turning into an old fart after all. :-/

I actually have the same problem, it may be due to your IP address not being static (which is why I have to keep logging in) in which case, you cant really do anything about it other than keep logging back in. :(

Just keep still for a while and stop moving house and stuff!