Your Ad Could Be Here

Album Art

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not think of what you want, and give us a quick 'brief' then we can submit suggestions to this thread!

well it needs to say somthing about the song the song(no body makes e feel like you do ) appears to be a love song but its more about the spirit of friends comming together to help each other much like you guys on here and to me its the spiritual bit that stands out to me so i guess a good quality image that suggests spirit dunno if im makin sense here but thats what i had in mind

Ok - I've got a photo Idea for you. Ever seen a picture of the roof in the sixtine chappel? This is an icon of art by Michelangelo.

My suggestion is - sit in that same posture and have a guitar or something in the centre of the touch. Or something similar.

Then use that as the base of the cover.

michelangelo1.jpg

Edited by FinnArild

• 1 month later...
:P

post-1721-1190745065_thumb.jpg

Ok - I've got a photo Idea for you. Ever seen a picture of the roof in the sixtine chappel? This is an icon of art by Michelangelo.

My suggestion is - sit in that same posture and have a guitar or something in the centre of the touch. Or something similar.

Then use that as the base of the cover.

michelangelo1.jpg

sorry guys i must have missed this i love this idea may have a go at this

• 1 month later...
just as a matter of interest what is your take on this is it ok to do your own or should we leave it up to the pro i tend to think it adds a personal touch when the artist makes an effort but as i said whats your opinion on this 8)

I like your cover design concept.

That said, I would always have a professional designer, preferably one with album cover experience, have a look at it. As far as whether you do it yourself or not, it's all about the result. A monkey can do it if it comes out perfect.

But I wouldn't trust a graphic designer to sing my songs, and I wouldn't trust myself to completely design an album cover, even though I have years of experience in photography and graphic design. Just like song-writing, there is more to it than meets the eye.

The fact that you are putting it up here for critique is evidence that you need professional support. And this is not a professional design forum, which means that in addition to all the good advice you have received here, a top designer would probably cuckle, shake his head, and think of a half-dozen other ideas to improve on you beginning.

I like your cover design concept.

That said, I would always have a professional designer, preferably one with album cover experience, have a look at it. As far as whether you do it yourself or not, it's all about the result. A monkey can do it if it comes out perfect.

But I wouldn't trust a graphic designer to sing my songs, and I wouldn't trust myself to completely design an album cover, even though I have years of experience in photography and graphic design. Just like song-writing, there is more to it than meets the eye.

The fact that you are putting it up here for critique is evidence that you need professional support. And this is not a professional design forum, which means that in addition to all the good advice you have received here, a top designer would probably cuckle, shake his head, and think of a half-dozen other ideas to improve on you beginning.

your right on the point that i aint a designer but again due to finances i need to do most of the stuff for anything in my music and thats the way it has to be for now so geting advice is a must for me thanks for your input bud

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...