Your Ad Could Be Here

Album Art

just as a matter of interest what is your take on this is it ok to do your own or should we leave it up to the pro i tend to think it adds a personal touch when the artist makes an effort but as i said whats your opinion on this 8)

This is my effort on what i will be recording next week but it may change

post-1411-1190063241_thumb.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A personal touch is nice, but be careful not to crossover into homemade. This might have a "you get what you pay for" kind of feeling

A personal touch is nice, but be careful not to crossover into homemade. This might have a "you get what you pay for" kind of feeling

very good point buddy i hadn't thought of that

Edited by musicthom

Bring your own ideas to the table, but definitely let a designer look at it. I have done a lot of print design, but still went to another designer for views on my own album cover. My input on your cover:

- change both fonts to 1 font which is less "special"

- try to utilize "the golden ratio" instead of focusing on the center. The sun and line in water is more natural to have somewhere in the golden ratio.

My $0.02

just as a matter of interest what is your take on this is it ok to do your own or should we leave it up to the pro i tend to think it adds a personal touch when the artist makes an effort but as i said whats your opinion on this 8)

This is my effort on what i will be recording next week but it may change

The font(s) look pixelated. You should stick with one font. Finn hit the nail on the head. The horizon should be either higher or lower. The picture is OK, the composition isn't. If this were my first album, I would go to a pro. Tell them what you want from the cover and let them come up with some ideas.

If the font looks like something you can find on Microsoft WordArt, or something you can easily drag around into position on a computer (note: looks like. It could be that way but yet not look like it), it probably won't see professional enough.

Think The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, etc. when it comes to ways to approach fonts. Let your own ideas dominate.

pretty good, though the text really could have been made to stand out more, even in a subtle way. Seen it done with embossing, but that's not cheap

I like the graphic, but typo has a point, I didnt even see the text when I first opened it and would not have noticed it except I reopened it after reading his comment.

Thom, I agree with the comments thus far about the fonts you chose.

Riotlung has a good point about using a microsoft looking font.

brilliant feedback lots to think about as i said the origenal was just a test and wont go with the song i will have to sit down and think on it a little more cheers guys :D

post-1411-1190144121_thumb.jpg

Edited by musicthom

thanks for all the feedback, and I saw that I uploaded the wrong version. When I redid the font, I realized, you could barely see the name. here is the new version.

Better, but it is still really hard to read, consider matching the font color with one of the colors in the graphic (which is way cool BTW)

brilliant feedback lots to think about as i said the origenal was just a test and wont go with the song i will have to sit down and think on it a little more cheers guys :D

I think that yellow font is over the top, consider a centerline or something to break the yellow down a little

post-83-1190536212_thumb.jpg

yeh your rite its hard to get a ballance between artitic and just plain sensable

yeh your rite its hard to get a ballance between artitic and just plain sensable

As an excercise, why not let some of the people here have a go? See what they come up with! Might be interesting! :) Just supply the details you want included, and see what happens!

good idea steve any takers ? :D

Edited by musicthom