Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello From A Nh Songwriter/guitarist/bassist/drummer

JimL

Hello ya'll,

My name's Jim. I live in NH. No, there aren't any cows that I can see (you want vermont, that's where the cows and terrorists are...). I'm 46, been playing guitar since about 15, picked up bass & drums along the way. I've got a small 32 track studio with all the instruments I need to play & record everything myself. I don't use computers. I wrote my first country tune around 16. Been in the usual 'classic' rock, country & top40/wedding bands over the years as a vocalist/guitarist/bassist & drummer.

I've recently written a musical comedy stage play called 'The Tavern & The Storyteller' that had it's debut at my son's high school this past April (for whom it was written to save them royalties):

http://home.comcast.net/~castle.walls/tavern/index.html

and no, i've never written anything before so I did pretty good for my first time.

I'm on SSD with a very bad back but that hasn't stopped me from looking for other local songwriter/musicians to collab with but everyone around here wants to gig out doing either classic rock or metal *sigh*. Trying to find a keyboard player who writes songs is practically impossible (actually, it is impossible, i think the breed has died off or moved to vermont...?).

Let's see, what else? I've got 2 kids, been married to the same wonderful woman for almost 24 years who, for some reason, still puts up with my crap & stupidity.

I'm looking forward to the day metal dies out just because i'd like to read about something else on music forums for a change (it can come back the next day if it wants...).

Oh, and I'm also looking for the day when tube amps don't have hiss so I can buy one, until then I cuddle up to my Spider 3 and smile contentedly...;>)

Keep yer groove on & peace out!

-Jim

Other forums... metal seems to be the thing (& sound) I see the most as far as 'types' of music topics.

I don't mind metal myself (depending on the band I suppose, i'm not 'into' metal so I don't know the various bands) but it could sure use a full orchestra behind it.

I'm probably more of a Queensryche/Dreamtheater kinda guy rather than Celtic Frost but i'd rather listen to the Monkees, Styx, Extreme & Dean Martin. I pretty much stopped listening to the radio after the 70's... and I'm sure damned tired of hearing the same 'classic rock' tunes all the time!

welcome :) i've been here about 5 or 6 weeks and found members to be friendly, honest, constructive, knowledgeable and open minded. i've not found many (if any) other forums with those qualities, which is why i stuck around. i find country, blues, acoustic, folk, jazz, electcronica, rock, pop and more on these boards, and you are right... that's rare too. i hope you enjoy these boards as much me.

Glad to be here & i hope I can add something now & then.

Anybody with some jazz chord leanings are welcome to talk & I'll listen... I may not understand, but I'll listen...;>)

p.s. Steve, helluva hat! Looks like you could stuff a Roland Cube in it!

White sands in pembroke or at the point at memorial field or across the river from the point in Bow or at the end of ferry street at the boat ramp?

LOL. I dont know. It was like 10+ years ago. I just remember this little slow flowing river with a big sandy bank and a shallow sand dune off on the side. I remember everytime we went there I would see the sign "welcome to allenstown" :)

And John, you better watch out, us New Hampshire-ites are gonna take over :P