Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi,

You know as well as i do that it is just wierd to get on here and introduce yourself. I won't go too far with it.

It's just that I've been writing down lyrics and making up songs for what seems like my whole life. I've never taken any courses or workshops, haven't even sat down with a musician and composed a real song. I have embarrassingly stood in front of a gathering of friends and sung my lyrics on two occasions.

I have listened to lyrics, don't really like songs i can't hear what the singer is saying, and sometimes rewritten them in my mind and sung along with them my way. I get a buzz from it. I find it hard to believe there are people who don't make up songs. I mean what else is there to do when you are bored and have 8 hours to go before you get there.

Anyway, i've decided to open the door to a dream of hearing something i wrote being played either on stage or from the radio. I'd like to share this thing that has always been there for me.

Oh, McNaughton Park, and the tree up on the hill. A place where love began for me as a young man.

See you in the breakwater,

Tom Gibson

Hi Tom,

Welcome [smiley=bounce.gif]

I agree, nice intro

Hi Tom

Welcome to Songstuff! :)

Weird to post your intro? :D Oh well, at least you did it!

Looking forward to reading your lyrics!

Cheers

John

Hi again, thanks for the welcome. John, i didn't mean it was weird that i was asked to introduce myself. Rather, that i felt weird doing so. For someone who has shared very little of this area of his life, this is like the unknown, a foreign introduction. I have read many of the lyrics posted and the reviews and after posting my first lyric, feel a little more comfortable.

Somedays it's just me and the deamon.

Hi

Ah! :D

If it's any consolation, sharing your writing is always a nervous thing, but you get used to it! That and you know, on Songstuff, those providing critique are your peers. That said, we can be quite analytical so comments can appear blunt, but they are well meant and generally pretty constructive. :)

Cheers

John

Hello Tom!

Welcome to songstuff :)

Rohan

Archived