Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi All

Hi there,

my name is Rob, I'm from Amsterdam and I've been making and recording music in a little home studio the last year or two, and hope to exchange useful tips on making songs, and maybe also on production and such.

I hope to put up some nice tunes in a few days, but first I want to check out the place a bit more, and read up a bit...

OK, see you in the forums! ^_^

Rob

Hi there,

my name is Rob, I'm from Amsterdam and I've been making and recording music in a little home studio the last year or two, and hope to exchange useful tips on making songs, and maybe also on production and such.

I hope to put up some nice tunes in a few days, but first I want to check out the place a bit more, and read up a bit...

OK, see you in the forums! ^_^

Rob

Hey Rob, welcome to the Songstuff community. I look forward to hearing your tunes.

@timothy

I like lots of different stuff to just listen to, I sometimes like tunes in genres that I never really got into, so there's no real preferences there. Guess there's occasions for every type of music.

People tell me the stuff I make is a bit Zappa-ish, but I also hear some Eno influences, and a couple of bands noone ever heard of, like Tuxedomoon.

Just got the monitors, real nice ones (Fostex PM-1), but I can *really* redo all of my mixes, after a quick listen. Will take a few days to play a few favorites CD's, set up all my EQ's from scratch again, and remix. Nothing else will suffice, I'm afraid. I'm even considering taking everything I had put online already, off for the duration, it's really that bad. Meh.

And I have decent cups, that's not the problem, but without decent monitors you're just groping, it just shows again. [smiley=noise.gif]

I'm not that picky either I like all kinds of music :) But I am picky about what exact song i'm listening to. Have you ever heard of koji kondo? He makes the majority of the theme music for the nintendo zelda series and nintendo mario series ^_^ Some of my favorite instrumentals (pure music) have been composed by him.

~TIMOTHY~

Not really heard of him, only someone pointed out this special version of his Super Mario, so in way I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZpD0btOZx8

I also like game music, from techno-ish stuff to more 'classical', like M2TW. I think Jeff (van) Dycke is pretty good. I love 'The Widow'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjL9OicflRg

I'm also checking a lot of lesser well known work by good movie composers, usually some of their older work is excellent, but noone picked it up at the time.

This is also done by Denny Elfman, loved this particular movie BTW - but also never realized when watching it at the time *why* the music was so outstanding - never heard of the guy - yet: :)

:) Welcome Rob. Looking forward to hearing your stuff.

Well, I just uploaded a video, since I'm still remixing the stuff on my website. Bass got a bit garbled, I think because it got converted once too often (mp3-wma-mp3), but it gives the idea. The images are from a screensaver in my player, better than nothing. Working on some stop-motion stuff, so there'll be a much nicer one later, and I'll make sure it sounds better too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uerq1XZCTpQ

this was an unintended collab with someone from another forum, who had made a synth riff that happened to fit amazingly well. Mixed it in a few times, starting at 1:30 or so.

Well, I just uploaded a video, since I'm still remixing the stuff on my website. Bass got a bit garbled, I think because it got converted once too often (mp3-wma-mp3), but it gives the idea. The images are from a screensaver in my player, better than nothing. Working on some stop-motion stuff, so there'll be a much nicer one later, and I'll make sure it sounds better too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uerq1XZCTpQ

this was an unintended collab with someone from another forum, who had made a synth riff that happened to fit amazingly well. Mixed it in a few times, starting at 1:30 or so.

Wow, I really liked that piece.