Your Ad Could Be Here

Who Are Your Favourite Lyricisits Or Songwriters ?

ha ha....as a matter of fact i know only few from above maybe 3-4 ....

but thanks Chris....for starting this great thread....i checked out some of these last night....and really i felt ashamed how i write....i really need to learn more and need to improve a lot....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Counts for me too.

And me...

:) no probs Neo

I thought it would be fun :P

Been amazed by the songwriters that Lazz told me about they are amazing :) so thanks Lazz :D and everyone else for posting and helping us all get a better understanding ^_^

Chris

just discovered ron sexsmith, great aritist thanks Lazz

Cool.

Isn't he just lovely ?

And such a mensch, too !!

yea he is great lazz, after buying the album Cobblestone runaway i was suprised to find, I liked every track almost instantly on the album which is quite rare for me.

• 2 weeks later...

How has nobody mentioned Dustin Kensrue of Thrice? He's my favorite lyricist of all time (for the time being, lol). He can stick verses from the Bible into his lyrics almost verbatim without ever making them sound corny , forced, or preachy. He is so poetic in his way with words/metaphors. I love his lyrics to their song "Stare at the Sun:"

***Please do not post lyrics that are not your own, unless you have the written permission to do so from the artist or publisher***

I also really love Andrew Schwab of Project 86 as a lyricist. Again, very poetic, well thought out, and meaningful.

Probably mike shinoda... his lyrics are sometimes heartwarming, clever, funny and emotional.

***Please do not post lyrics that are not your own, unless you have the written permission to do so from the artist or publisher***

Also one of the best hip hop artists I have ever heard of :)

~TIMOTHY~

Not in order:

Neil Peart (Rush)

Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree, No-Man, I.E.M, Blackfield)

Kevin Moore (OSI, Dream Theater)

Adrian Belew (King Crimson)

Peter Sinfield (King Crimson)

Maynard James Keenan (Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer)

Billy Howerdel (A Perfect Circle, Ashes Divide)

Peter Hammill

Chris Cornell (Soundgarden)

Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)

Probably mike shinoda... his lyrics are sometimes heartwarming, clever, funny and emotional.

Lyric Removed.

~TIMOTHY~

mine too....

but Tim...i'd like to say that these lyrics are not only written by MS...it has contribution of chester { chasterchaze lyrics} and Zomba lyrics along with Mr. Hahn....i totally agree with you that they've got the best lyrics...LP rocks...

mine too....

but Tim...i'd like to say that these lyrics are not only written by MS...it has contribution of chester { chasterchaze lyrics} and Zomba lyrics along with Mr. Hahn....i totally agree with you that they've got the best lyrics...LP rocks...

True but most of the lyrics are written by Mike Shinoda. It seems like chester's lyrics have almost a distinct difference, I can't really explain it though. Who are what is zomba??

~TIMOTHY~

Zomba is i think Mr. Hahn's lyric writing company.....i am not firm though....but it's written on my cassete cover....!

Guys! Please do NOT post up lyrics of the people you like! It could get us into all kinds of legal trouble! If you want to illustrate a lyric, place a link to it elsewhere! Unless you have the express written permission to post a lyric from the author or publisher, you do not have the right to publish it here. I would hate to see this site closed down for copyright infringement!

Hmm, I just noticed that the heading is not just lyricists, so I might stick in Kula Shaker and Offspring for songwriting abilities... though the more I think about it the more I realise that ALL the music I listen to I have days where that particular bands is the greatest group of songwriters in my collection! And sod it, through in Terrorvision for the catchy riffs and general greatness, and Dodgy and... No, I'll stop now...

:P

Lol Timothy have you heard Linkin Park's song We Made It with Busta Rhymes, I Actually really like it :)

Yes I did actually. The music video felt like a preview for a movie, quite dramatic. It was very catchy, I loved the piano parts. It was better than I expected (wasn't actually expecting much). I'm trying to keep low expectations when a new linkin park song comes out. Chester's voice edit took me awhile to get use to.

~TIMOTHY~

Guys! Please do NOT post up lyrics of the people you like! It could get us into all kinds of legal trouble! If you want to illustrate a lyric, place a link to it elsewhere! Unless you have the express written permission to post a lyric from the author or publisher, you do not have the right to publish it here. I would hate to see this site closed down for copyright infringement!

Sorry I didn't think anything would/could happen. I never said it was my own work so I didn't think any copyright issues would come into play :P

~TIMOTHY~

Lol Timothy have you heard Linkin Park's song We Made It with Busta Rhymes, I Actually really like it :)

yeah....musically its a nice song....but lyrically...MS has not done well with the lyrics....its same old lyrics...