Your Ad Could Be Here

Getting To Know You

1. I sing! And I'm currently learning guitar and harmonica.

2. I'm not in a band.

3. I write lyrics. I don't write the music though I can feel and explain thoroughly how I want the song to be.

4. I don't record my music, though I do have soundcloud and uploaded a cover once (just the singing)

5. I don't have a role in the music business, I'm a high school student. Sometimes I perform at school, with my friend's band.

6. I'm not a tech head. I can do a little mixing though, with Audacity. I often make mixes for the dance team in my school.

7. I live in Indonesia.

8. My ambitions;

-to write my own songs, be able to perform it and see people enjoy my music :)

-to write lyrics and songs for famous singers!

-I want to make my own album.

9. Creative pursuits;

I sketch almost everyday, it's like a habbit for not a hobby anymore lol.

I've been painting since I was 4.

I'm a self-taught hip hop/pop dancer, I was in my school's dance team for 2 and a half years.

I love to edit pictures using Photoshop. But not those cheesy ones, hahaha my edits are usually conceptual. I also designed the tickets and posters for my school's annual show with it.

Beside writing lyrics, I write short stories. Sometimes it's a romantic comedy, sometimes sci-fi, sometimes action. Most of them are in Indonesian. Usually after I wake up every morning I do my best to write down my dreams from the sleep, in details. I write Indonesian poetry a lot, because I like to put random Indonesian slangs in it. They're very amusing!

10. The critiques here are very helpful to me... So I know where/what to improve, I know where I'm wrong. And I look forward to collaborating, like make lyrics together and make songs together :)

• Like 2

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments?

Just sing

What instruments?

When did you start playing? starting singing in pre-school

Did you teach yourself? Well not really, it is just a gift from God

2. Are you in a band or bands?

Not currently but I used to be when I was younger

What is the name of the band?

What do you play?

What other instruments are in the band?

Do you have a band website?

3. Do you write songs?

Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both?

Mostly just the lyrics, but sometimes the melody comes with it.

Do you have a writing partner?

not yet

4. Do you record your music?

Not recently

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?

Do you use a recording studio?

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?

You tube.... one song

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other?

nah

6. Are you a tech head?

nah

7. What country do you live in?

USA

8. What are your ambitions?

I'd love to have one of my songs sung by someone great/famous

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

I used to paint when I had an extra room but my place is too small.

What are your pastimes?

work...

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

I'm already enjoying the camaraderie. I love hearing/seeing what people are writing and playing. So I guess I just want to grow my creative side here and share what I have!

I think that covers the main musical things!

• Like 1

hi john thanks for the intro.

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? yes

What instruments? guitar, harp

When did you

start playing? sometime around my 40th birthday thats 10 no 12 years ago.

Did you teach yourself? yes

2. Are you in a band or bands? no

What do you play? guitar

Do you have a band website? no

3. Do you write songs? yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? both

Do you have a writing partner? no

4. Do you record your music? yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? at home i use cubase, yamaha mixer and cheap mics at the moment.

Do you use a recording studio? no

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? yes on soundcloud.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? nothing im to busy trying to get my head around learning to record.

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? no

6. Are you a tech head?no really though i like to pull computers apart to try and fix them and end up with another pile of computer bits in the corner.

7. What country do you live in? australia

8. What are your ambitions? to study community work and maybe a short corse in audio recording. to get my songs recorded rather than have them in my head all the time.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? do up old furniture if thats art and collect antiques.

What are your pastimes? playing and recording music. trying to learn new things esp about music and how to record.with the computer age you have to learn about the digital side of things which to me at the moment seems like a lot to get my head around.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?meet people who are into the same things with music and share info and experiences.

• Like 1

What instruments? - Guitar, Keyboard & a little Harp (Harmonica)

When did you start playing? - A patchy few years but trying to get back on the horse as of late

Did you teach yourself? - Yes

2. Are you in a band or bands? - Nope

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Music & Lyrics

Do you have a writing partner? - Not at the moment but I've written with people before

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? - M-Audio Pre-amp (small but does the job), M3 Mic, Vec500N Semi-Acoustic Guitar & Ableton Live for recording.

Do you use a recording studio? - Nope never have

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? - Not yet :)

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? - I listen to it :)

6. Are you a tech head? - I'm quite techy in general but I wouldn't say I'm a gearhead in terms of musical equipment.

7. What country do you live in? - Ireland (Eire)

8. What are your ambitions? - Enjoy life & keep reaching for my goals

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? - Yep

What are your pastimes? - Draw (Mainly just pencil / charcoal), Poetry & Photoshop + Illustrator (for web / print design)

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? - I'm hoping to improve my songwriting skills, mostly melody & lyrical structure

• Like 1

• Noob

What instruments? - GUITAR, BASS, DRUMS, PIANO

When did you start playing? - 1996

Did you teach yourself? - MOSTLY

What is the name of the band? - 52 HOURS WITHOUT SLEEP

What do you play? - I RECORD EVERYTHING, THE BAND IS NOT FORMED FOR CONCERTS YET

Do you have a band website? http://www.youtube.com/user/Kreky15?feature=watch

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? -YES

Do you have a writing partner? - NO

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? - YES, M-AUDIO STUFF + MACBOOK PRO

Do you use a recording studio? - HOME MADE

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? http://www.youtube.com/user/Kreky15?feature=watch

WWW.BANDZONE.CZ/KREKY

6. Are you a tech head?

7. What country do you live in? - CANADA

8. What are your ambitions? - BE THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY :P

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? - YES

What are your pastimes?

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? - SUPPORT, I'D LIKE TO GET MY SONGS TO PEOPLE WHO LIKE IT! :) THX!

• Like 1

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes, Yes, Yes

What instruments? Guitar, Bass Guitar, Keys

When did you start playing? 1962

Did you teach yourself? Yes

2. Are you in a band or bands? Yes

What is the name of the band? The B Movie Kings

What do you play? Lead guitar

What other instruments are in the band? Guitar, Bass, Drums and Sax

Do you have a band website? Yes http://www.bmoviekings.net/

3. Do you write songs? Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both

Do you have a writing partner? No

4. Do you record your music? Yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? My DAW is a Roland Cakewalk Firewire I/O, with two Rokit 5 near field speakers Audiovox mic's and I'm using Reaper S/W

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? http://www.reverbnation.com/martydolciamore

6. Are you a tech head? Somewhat

7. What country do you live in? U. S. A.

8. What are your ambitions? to have my songs performed in any public venue, i.e., TV, Film, Concerts, Radio, Music Halls, etc.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? writing soundtracks

What are your pastimes? Barbershop Quartet lead singer, cycling, bowling, golf, hiking and traveling

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? right now, I'm just looking around

• Like 1

What instruments?

Learning Guitar / Piano, Keyboard.

When did you start playing?

2010-2012 on and off as my lyrics are my number 1 priority.

Did you teach yourself?

Yes.

No.

N/A.

What do you play?

N/A.

N/A.

N/A.

3. Do you write songs?

Lyrics, hopefully in the future I will learn to do the music side to it all as well.

No.

When I am ready I will start to.

No.

In the future yes.

No.

6. Are you a tech head?

I have a great knowledge about computers but little in other aspects of this industry.

England (UK)

For my music and lyrics to be fully understood and heard by many people to enjoy.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

I do modelling as I see it as very artistic, I also can write stories and poetry but choose to leave that part of me aside for now as my lyrics are way under go.

What are your pastimes?

N/A.

Some notoriety of my lyrics and skill in this industry, possibly some collaborations and new people to meet and get involved with.

Now here's something a lot more in detail about myself (as shown on my fan sites):

My name is Matthew Kerridge also known as EmKayz. I am 19 years of age and I hail from a town named Leicester in the UK.

This page is based around my art in songwriting and my passion for music and lyrics. I am mainly a songwriter as I have been writing lyrics from the young age of 10.

In my lyrics I do base myself around the Rock and Metal genre’s but I do and can write most music genre’s from Hip Hop and Rap right through to Rhythm & Blues (R&

B).

I will be posting demo’s and full songs (which are always 100% copyright to myself) on this page for people to review and comment.

I am most willing to take requests to work or collaborate with other songwriters, artists and bands, etc. I do also write songs on demand for music artists if requested, which may include a fee for the work and time I put into it also for the song itself

Myself I am a hardworking individual when it comes to music and lyrics. I always try to excel myself to do better and as a perfectionist I always perform to the very best of my ability.

I believe I have come a long way in the art of songwriting as to when I first started out and I am always improving each and every day. I am always coming up with new song ideas and lines to use in future projects as I always keep some form of notepad with me every waking moment so I never miss any of my inspirational thoughts!

I love what I do and no matter what anybody says, it will never throw me off the mark or put me down. I am able to take all forms of criticism although I do ignore 'internet trolls' and 'haters'. So all comments are welcomed with open arms.

I hope you enjoy what you see and I can’t wait to get this page on the go! Thank you for reading Kind Regards, Matthew Kerridge (EmKayz).

• Like 1

HEY ALL! THIS IS MY FIRST POST. THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A NICE TO WAY TO INTRODUCE MYSELF!

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? YES/YES

What instruments? GUITAR

When did you start playing? I BEGAN WRITING AND DOODLING ON THE GUITAR ABOUT 12 YEARS AGO.

Did you teach yourself? YES

2. Are you in a band or bands ? I DON'T HAVE A BAND BUT I DO COLLABORATE WITH MY PRODUCER AND A DRUMMER FRIEND

What is the name of the band? ABBY WILSON

What do you play? RYTHM GUITAR AND VOCALS

What other instruments are in the band? KEYS, DRUMS, GUITAR, BASS

Do you have a band website? COMING SOON...(just bought my domain...site still in the works) www.abbywilsonmusic.com

3. Do you write songs? YES

Do you write lyrics, music or both? BOTH

Do you have a writing partner? MOSTLY I WRITE ALONE BUT IN THE PAST I HAVE COLLABORATED WITH OTHER WRITERS AND JUST RECENTLY I HAVE STARTED A WRITERS COLLAB WITH ANOTHER ARTIST.

4. Do you record your music? YES

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? YES, VERY BASIC. I USE GARAGE BAND A SIMPLE FAST TRACK PRO INTERFACE AND THE CHEAPEST RECORDING MIC I COULD FIND.

Do you use a recording studio? YES

http://abbywilson.bandcamp.com/

SOUNDCLOUD.COM/ABBY-WILSON-MUSIC

https://www.facebook...abbywilsonmusic

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? NADA! ACTUALLY, I'M JUST GETTING INTO THE PROFESSIONAL MUSIC SCENE SO I'M HOPING TO LEARN MORE AND MORE AS I PROGRESS AS AN ARTIST. I HOPE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW TO PROMOTE YOURSELF AS AN ARTIST.

6. Are you a tech head? NOPE

7. What country do you live in? USA

8. What are your ambitions? SHORT TERM: CREATE A SUCCESSFUL ALBUM THAT (ALONG WITH LIVE SHOWS) WILL HELP TO GENERATE A FOLLOWING.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I WRITE STORIES, POETRY, GOT A DEGREE IN FINE ARTS (SCULPTURE) AND I LOVE IT ALL.

What are your pastimes? I DO TONS OF SERVICE IN THE COMMUNITY, MOSTLY WITH CHILDREN AND YOUTH. I LIKE TO READ AND LEARN. I LIKE TO MAKE MUSIC.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? I REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS, SHARING INSPIRATION, LEARNING AND ENCOURAGEMENT WITH OTHERS INTERESTED IN MUSIC.

I think that covers the main musical things!

• Like 1

Hi my name is Steve

What instruments? Acoustic guitar, Piano, Singer

When did you start playing? 1979

Did you teach yourself? Yup

2. Are you in a band or bands? Solo

What do you play?

Do you have a band website? yes www.soundclick.com/stevealtonian

3. Do you write songs? yes

Do you have a writing partner? try not to...

Do you use a home studio? Yes If so what gear do you use? TASCAM DP24

Do you use a recording studio? Yes

Do you have music available on the web? yes if so where? www.soundclick.com/stevealtonian

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? Nada

6. Are you a tech head? poorm man's

7. What country do you live in? USA

8. What are your ambitions? Getting my songs to the world

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? writing a book

What are your pastimes?

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Just enjoying the journey

• Like 1

• Noob

What instruments? Mainly Bass, Also play guitar (electric and acoustic) Ukulele and Mandolin

When did you start playing? Roughly 4 years ago (guitar)

Did you teach yourself? Mainly self taught but learnt from other musicians as i progressed

What is the name of the band? English Outback is my main band, but i also play in a cover band called Severed Bonds

What do you play? I play Bass In English Outback and guitar in Severed Bonds

What other instruments are in the band? Guitar and Drums

Do you have a band website? Sure It's http://englishoutback.wix.com/englishoutbackband

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Mainly i write music but help with the lyric process too :)

Do you have a writing partner? Yeah the singer and guitar player in English Outback, Anthony Preston

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? we get help from our friend Rob, he is a Recording Engineer student

Do you use a recording studio? as mentioned above, Rob lets us use SSR studios in manchester :)

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Sure! www.reverbnation.com/englishoutback www.youtube.com/user/englishoutback

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? I try to manage our band and promote us as much as possible but not much more than that

6. Are you a tech head? Somewhat yeah :)

7. What country do you live in? England :)

8. What are your ambitions? Hopefully one day to be a professional musician if not to help younger people achieve their musical goals :)

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I used to skateboard and play a lot of video games but i now tend to be doing a lot of band related stuff when not with my girlfriend

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? basically just some exposure and maybe some tips from people who have been around a hell of a lot longer than us :)

Edited by David Nicholson
  • Like 1

• Noob

Yes

What instruments?

I play the Drums

A year ago, still learning

Did you teach yourself
?

I had a tutor (musician in the family), but I am learning by myself now

No

N/A

What do you play?

N/A

N/A

3. Do you write songs?

Yes

Music. I write mostly electronic instrumentals

Not at the moment

Yes. I record using a DAW on my computer

Yes. I record at home. I use a M-audio oxygen 61 usb midi keyboard

No. I record at home.

Do you have music available on the web?

I have a soundcloud at: https://soundcloud.c...ontrol-official

Still working on material though

None. I make songs at home.

6. Are you a tech head?

I like to think so.

Canada

To someday make music that people enjoy.

No other creative pursuits at the moment.

Hoping to learn a lot about music and songwriting.

Edited by Austin Wile
  • Like 1

My name is Rachel and I just joined.

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or

instruments?

I am in the process of learning how to play bass, I used to be in chorus

Nope

3. Do you write songs?

Yes

Tried today for the first time

None

6. Are you a tech head?

No

USA

To write lyrics, and to continue to do art

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/other art?

I paint, make scratch boards, write screenplays, make sock monkeys, make friendship bracelets, hemp necklaces, and draw, film movies, photography, and resonate objects

I just want to learn, and maybe collaborate!

• Like 1

Here I go..

Yes.

What instrumet?

Guitar, piano, mandolin, banjo, bass, harmonica.

Guitar- 11 years.

Piano- 20 or so years.

Mandolin- 10 years.

Banjo- 9 years.

Bass- 10 years.

Harmonica- 8 years.

Did you teach yourself?

Yes to all.

No

3. Do you write songs?

Yes.

Both.

No, but I wouldn't object to it.

Very rarely.

None.

6. Are you a tech head?

With music gear? A little.

USA.

To find peace for myself within my music. I wanna show my son that there is peace to be found in music. Maybe I'll share my music with other people in the future, but for now, it's between me and my son.

I like to write fiction, knit and crochet (don't judge me..), making instruments, and other stuff.

To be able to improve my writing and perhaps share my music.

• Like 1

Why yes, yes i do.

What instruments?

Vocals when I have to, Guitar, Bass, Upright Bass, Piano, and have knowledge on different synthesizers

Piano: about 8 years back, Bass & Upright Bass: about 6 years ago, Guitar: about 4 years ago

Did you teach yourself?

Yes I did.

Not currently, though I am organizing one for live play.

3. Do you write songs?

Yes I do.

Both

No I do not.

Yes I do.

I extensively use FL studio along with a Behringer Xenyx mixer with several condenser microphones from Behringer and Shure.

Yes I do, you can find it at:

http://www.soundcloud.com/ni-e/

Though mostly just loops or samples of the songs I'm doing, there's a few completed ones on there.

None as of yet.

6. Are you a tech head?

Yes I am.

USA

To pursue music as a full time paying career

Not really, I like to design synthesizers to use in my music though. (more into programming side)

I would love to share my art with others as also to find creative work from others to listen to.

Edited by Nine
  • Like 1

• Noob

What instruments?

Did you teach yourself?

I play acoustic and electric guitar, bass guitar and harmonica.

Started playing acooustic about 14 years ago, when I was 11. "Upgraded" to electric a year later and it has since then been my main instrument. Started playing bass when I was 16, out of necessity: the church I used to go to didn't have anyone to play that, so I stepped up. I only do it when absolutely necessary really. I do find the sound it makes pleasant to the ears, but to me, the playing itself is just not fun enough. Started learning harmonica from a friend when I was 17 and well, I'm still on the basics there.

I don't believe anyone is really autodidact... you always learn from somebody, be it a friend, a relative, or a music teacher. As for myself, my mother taught me the first chords I ever learned. Then I took lessons in church (it was a social work, free of charge and stuff) for a month, and quit. Took private lessons for 3 months and quit again, classes were just TOO boring. Then started learning by myself. A couple of years ago noticed learning some theory couldn't do any harm, so I actually watched a BUNCH of youtube videos from various teachers and got to a point where I don't consider myself completely illiterate anymore haha.

Kind of. I play with some friends, but just as a hobby. None of us ever took it more seriously

3. Do you write songs?

Yes, both the lyrics and the music

Not yet. But I'm very interested in having a small home studio to record at least some basic things

N/A

6. Are you a tech head?

Well, I know more than just the basics, but I would hardly call myself a tech head.

Brazil

I'll assume this question pertains to musical ambitions. Well, I intend to be part of a rock band that is not just "more of the same". It may be just me, but I feel rock and roll is very weak these days for the lack of originality/creativity in most bands.

I rather enjoy writing some theories I have, mainly philosophical/extistential things, some analyses of human nature and society... but nothing too deep.

I expect Songstuff will help me develop my ability to write more meaningful lyrics, ones that after finished, I may actually read through them and think "well... that's pretty good"
  • Like 1

• Noob

Hi everyone! Maybe this questionaire will tell you a bit more about me. My name's Alicia, im from Toronto, and I want to make sweet sweet music

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes

What instruments? keyboards, am going to learn the drums

When did you start playing? 2006

Did you teach yourself? Yes

2. Are you in a band or bands? Starting a one person project

What is the name of the band? Whirled

Do you have a band website? soundcloud.com/whirled1

3. Do you write songs? Yes

Do you have a writing partner? No

4. Do you record your music? I'm trying to, that's why i joined this forum.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? I'm using Audacity, hook up my synth and etc. to the computer and record.

Do you use a recording studio? Not yet

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Soundcloud.com/whirled1

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? I have a stagnant music blog Loud Nothings

6. Are you a tech head? No

7. What country do you live in? Canada

8. What are your ambitions? My first goal is to make an EP

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I draw a LOT facebook.com/zapstract i write lyrics and other stuff

What are your pastimes? Drawing, playing music, singing,

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? I want to learn how to record well, what kind of equipment I need, and hopefully get some input on my songs!

Edited by john
  • Like 1

• Noob

I like to sing, not my strongest strength though. I play the guitar, key board, and Flute.

What instruments?

Flute, guitar, key board...

I played guitar since I was 4. Key board when I was 7. and The flute at age 10.

Did you teach yourself?

On the guitar no, my dad taughte me. :) Key board, my mom. and Flute I self taught.

Yes, I am in a band and I love it.

EJ

What do you play?

lead guitar and back up singer

drumbs, key board, guitars, bass guitar

no, not yet. :P

3. Do you write songs?

yes

both

yes, my best friend sometimes helps me.

Yes

no I go to a studio downtown

yeah

Yes

6. Are you a tech head?

no

USA

To one day be able to share my music with the world and have them enjpy it. Music is meant to be shared, I want to share it.

cant draw to save my life.... I write though, and dance too.

What are your pastimes?

I just wanted to see what this is all about. I want tips and make new friends I suppose.

• Like 1

• Noob

Yes I like to sing, I'm in several choirs and I can play piano, bagpipes, jaw harp. I mostly taught myself so I enjoy picking up random instruments to see what I can make of them

Yes. A recently formed indie ish rock band called flimsy origami. I play generally all of the assorted instruments like piano, bass, drums, chimes etc. We use a lot of instruments from jaw harp to kazoo, organ to mandolin. As of yet we do not have a site because we are new, but we have posted some songs on YouTube.

3. Do you write songs?

Yup. Music, lyrics, the works. I do have a writing partner as we are a two man band as of now. Usually he's more music and I'm more lyrics but we help eachother.

A couple songs on YouTube that we recorded on an IPhone. Hopefully soon we can borrow a friend's recording gear. Our music thus far can be reached simply by typing flimsy origami into the YouTube bar.

This is us. We do it all.

6. Are you a tech head?

Nope not really.

Canada! The home of some great indie rock and rock alike.

Expand our band on YouTube and eventually create a site.

I do some claymation, read novels, hike, golf. I experiment with fiction writing but my art skills are not worth a dime.

For a while I've been looking for such a community where I can see what other people are doing and get creative ideas on how to improve our band. There's a lot of improvement we need and I'm really excited to share as well as help others

Cheers

Flimsy origami

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Noob

1.Do you sing,an instrument or instruments?

Yes I sing but I don't play any instrument trying to play guitar

2.Are you in a band or bands?

No

3. Do you write songs?

This is certainly my favorite question yeah I write song I mean I write lyrics but I can't do the melody and no I'm a single writer

4.Do you record your music?

No except if you think that making voices notes is recording

5.What others roles do you perform i the music business?

None

6.Are you a tech head?

No

7.What country do you live in?

I travel a lot but leave in Ethiopia for the moment

8.What are you ambitions?

Live by doing what I love singing

9.Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

I draw paint write stories and dance to but because I have fun when I do it

10.What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

Criticism, collaboration, know more about music and about what people think about my music and out there to be seen and heard

• Like 1