Your Ad Could Be Here

Getting To Know You

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes

What instruments? Guitar, Bass, Organ, Piano, Harmonica, Banjo, Mandolin, Fiddle, and Drums and I try to sing

When did you start playing? At 13

Did you teach yourself? I took three bass lessons (my first instrument) and pretty much figured out the rest from there.

2. Are you in a band or bands? Yes

What is the name of the band? Henry Pissinger

What do you play? Bass Guitar mostly

What other instruments are in the band? Power trio of Guitar, Bass, Drums

Do you have a band website? Nope

3. Do you write songs? Yes!

Do you write lyrics, music or both? I have to write both most of the time, I always struggle with lyrics, the music flows out and if I'm lucky the main theme line will come too, if not it takes forever to write lyrics.

Do you have a writing partner? Not really, I tried with a singer, too much ego on both ends but sometimes my guitarist will come out with great parts or lines.

4. Do you record your music?

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Portastudio

Do you use a recording studio? I'm too cheap

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Yes, http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandid=1161656

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? I co-own an inactive and inept label

6. Are you a tech head? Regrettably no.

7. What country do you live in? U.S.

8. What are your ambitions?

Live as free as possible, wishful thinking is living off my band, I'm still young enough that its not a complete delusion but I feel it slipping further away each day.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I always try but I just can't do anything

What are your pastimes? Fishing and the Banjo

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? I'm a real lightweight but I'm here to get critiques of my songs and I can take whatever you've got, there isn't much I don't like but I'll be as honest as I can with any songs I review as well.

• Like 1

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes, and yes

What instruments? Piano, Guitar, Vocal, Cajon

When did you start playing? Piano, 2003; Guitar, 2006; Singing, 2006; Cajon, 2011

Did you teach yourself? Piano, no—I took lessons for 7 years. Guitar, Singing, and Cajon, yes.

2. Are you in a band or bands? No

What is the name of the band?

What do you play?

What other instruments are in the band?

Do you have a band website?

3. Do you write songs? Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both

Do you have a writing partner? Not at the moment

4. Do you record your music? Yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Shure PG27, M-Audio Axiom 49, and Reason 6.5 (DAW) by Propellerhead AB

Do you use a recording studio? No

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Search Facebook for my "Carl Houde" musician/band page. It's pretty outdated—not much of my new stuff is on there, but I'll be setting up a YouTube channel soon which I'll be updating more frequently.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? None noteworthy

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? I have copyrighted a few songs of mine.

6. Are you a tech head? Pretty much

7. What country do you live in? USA

8. What are your ambitions? To make a name for myself as a singer/songwriter

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? Not anymore

What are your pastimes? Music, working out, philosophizing

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Feedback and experience that will help my achieve my ambition

• Like 1

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments?

I've been singing for about ten years now (started in a local choir when I was seven) and I also play electric and classical guitar (Electric since I was 13 or 14 and classical for the past year.) I've got a guitar teacher, so that's alright, I guess.

2. Are you in a band or bands?

Yup, Nightshift, and I play bass guitar in it. We consist of a singer/keyboardist/guitarist, two singer/saxophonist/pianists, a drummer, a guitarist, and me on bass and occasional backing vocals. No website yet. We're not that big.

3. Do you write songs?

I write lyrics and music, though I don't think I'm good enough for it to really be performed yet.

Rarely, and it's usually a video on a bandmember's Iphone.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

Zilch.

6. Are you a tech head?

Well, if I learnt about it, I'd understand it, but I'm not one to obsess.

7. What country do you live in?

England.

To become a composer who composes music for all sorts of things (film, TV, games, bands, etc.) Might also like to perform.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

I draw on the computer occasionally, and I'm slowly improving.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

To improve myself as a musician and composer, and to meet other people with similar ambitions.

• Like 1

• Noob

What instruments? sing, piano, guitar

When did you start playing?sing:forever, piano: 10yearsold, guitar:11years old I picked it up but basically started practicing in college

Did you teach yourself?sing:a few months private lessons. piano:~7years of lessons. guitar: self-taught

What is the name of the band?I'm in Burning Olympus as well as my own band called Mary K Jackson

What do you play?guitar, vocals

What other instruments are in the band?keyboard, another gutiar, bass for Burning Olympus, drums

Do you have a band website?www.solfislick.com; reverbnation.com/marykjackson

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both?both

Do you have a writing partner?no

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?yes, but it's always someone else's home studio

Do you use a recording studio?on occasion

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?www.solfislick.com/music.php; reverbnation.com/marykjackson; vibedeck.com/wordstakenfrombooks

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? I feel like I've been thrown into all of them recently and it's a little overwhelming. I'm managing, promoting, creating the webpage, writing, doing designing and artwork

6. Are you a tech head? No

7. What country do you live in? United States

8. What are your ambitions? Be identified as best self and nothing else, in life and in music. I want to reach the audience I'm meant to by being the best person and artist I have the potential of being. I also love to share ideas and hope I can build a collaborative network where my ideas can really be thought over by those who have the most interest in them.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuits? I write poetry, and ideas and thoughts, and very occasionally stories.

What are your pastimes?

performing at yard sales on the weekend

Support for the things that I create

I think that covers the main musical things!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Noob

Hey

thought this might be an interesting exercise:

My name is Dennis Hilario http://www.myeleventhings.com

http://www.youtube.com/dennismhilario

http://www.twitter.com/nethilario

What instruments? Guitar, keyboard, drums

When did you start playing? 1994

Did you teach yourself? Yes

2. Are you in a band or bands? Before

What is the name of the band? Tic

What do you play? Lead guitar

What other instruments are in the band? full band

Do you have a band website? No

3. Do you write songs? Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Yes

Do you have a writing partner? No

4. Do you record your music? Yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Yes

Do you use a recording studio? Yes

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Yes http://www.youtube.com/dennismhilario and http://www.myeleventhings.com, http://www.twitter.com/nethilario

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? Producer

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other?

6. Are you a tech head? No

7. What country do you live in? Philippines

8. What are your ambitions? To promote my original and cover songs

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? No

What are your pastimes? Triathlon

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Collaboration

• Like 1

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yess.

What instruments? I sing, scream and play guitar.

When did you start playing? About 5 years ago for both.

Did you teach yourself? I did.

2. Are you in a band or bands? Yep.

What is the name of the band? I am in two, one is a Hardcore band, the other is an acoustic duet like Nevershoutnever! The Hardcore band is named "World of Glass", and the acoustic is named "Starlight Dreams".

What do you play? I sing, play guitar and scream.

What other instruments are in the band? In "World of Glass" there are drums, bass, lead guitar and back up vocals. In "Starlight Dreams" we have another acoustic guitar, sometimes we use a bass, and back-up vocals.

Do you have a band website? Not currently.

3. Do you write songs? Yes.

Do you write lyrics, music or both? both.

Do you have a writing partner? Yep.

4. Do you record your music? We do.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? No.

Do you use a recording studio? Yes, my friends mother owns one.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Not Yet, putting it up very soon though.

None really.

6. Are you a tech head? Nah.

7. What country do you live in? Australia.

8. What are your ambitions? Making sure that people hear our music, and we get our art out there.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? No.

What are your pastimes? Playing guitar, writing shit, girlfriend, etc.

Just a way to share what people think of our music and a way to connect with other musicians around the world and learn what inspires other people.

• Like 1

i play guitar, mostly my electric. ive been playing for like 6, 7 years. pretty much taught myself, jammed with buddies a lot

sure am, a duo; we call ourselves Impending Corruption! we're a rock band it's me on guitar and my roommate on drums and vocals. we don't have our own site YET but we do have some of our music on Muzimé, the link is: http://www.muzime.com/impendingcorruption

3. Do you write songs?

mostly just music, its tough for me to get the right words for what i feel

when i can, used to have a connection to a studio but not anymore. i do have music on Muzimé: www.muzime.com/impendingcorruption , but we definitely need to put more of our music on there

n/a

6. Are you a tech head?

im tech savvy but i'm unsure if i would consider myself a tech head. ...so, no haha

the states

to be able to reach people with our music

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

i draw from time to time and have done a little graphic design but music is my true medium of expression

to meet other people out in the music world in the hopes that as a whole, we can help each other get closer and closer to ultimate success. rock on lads! rock on!

• Like 1

I play guitar and sing, I took lessons , but after finding my own way i can navigate my way around the guitar pretty well now.

I have a website in process www.nashvillecalifornia.com/beta, I owned a website that made micro niche sites that crashed and burned a few days ago.

Bad timing with all the changes in google , and trying to compete with outsourcing , it closed it.. I lost 100k in 8 months

So as i sit in the Manila airport waiting to go back to California , I'm pondering what i will do next , perhaps rank my site and try to prosper with that.

• Like 1

• Noob

What instruments? Bass guitar

When did you start playing? Started again 1 month ago after about 15 years 'break'

Did you teach yourself? Yes

Started to practice with a drummer, that's about it for now.

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? i have done mostly arrangements to songs made by others.

Do you have a writing partner?

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Just got my notebook and Ubuntu Studio for now.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? No

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? None yet

6. Are you a tech head?

Yes

Germany

In a years time to play first big concert.

All of the above to a mayor and minimum degree

What are your pastimes? Music, reading, karate, play and spend time with my children

The best!!

• Like 1

• Noob

1. I sing, and play piano and a little guitar.

I started playing piano 7 years ago and I have been singing since forever. I started guitar about a year ago.

I taught myself guitar, but that's it.

2. No, I play alone.

3. Yes

4. No, not really.

5. Yes, we use Cubase 7 and we have some tube microphones and filter and other things like that, but I record in my basement.

No, not really.

Not yet.

• Like 1

• Noob

What instruments? Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keys, Vocals

When did you start playing? Started guitar at age 13. Gradually started picking up drums, keys and vocals in the years after

Did you teach yourself? Got about 10 drum / bass lessons. For the rest I'm completely self-taught

What is the name of the band? Currently looking for one! Played in bands from age 16 till about 2 years ago.

3. Do you write songs? I write songs, but have a hard time finishing anything. Tips and help would definitely be welcome!

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both but mostly music. Lyrics are a tough thing for me.

Do you have a writing partner? No but would love to have one.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Have a home studio. Yamaha NS-10s / Motu Audio Express Interface / Golden Age 73 Preamp, Alesis D4 midi module. And some mics / guitars, a keyboard, and a drumkit.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Working on it! The old stuff doesn't represent who I am as a musician right now. But you can check out my http://www.soundcloud.com/borjacobs

Not in de business but I'm a live sound engineer.

6. Are you a tech head? Totally!

7. What country do you live in? Netherlands

8. What are your ambitions? Becoming a fulltime studio engineer/producer or a fulltime musician

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? Not really, musica is all I know.

Improving my arrangement skills, and lyrical skills. I have such a hard time in the last to years to finish a song, and to look objective to my own stuff. I hardly finish anything cause I think it's not where It should be and I have a hard time fitting parts together (transitions, etc.)

• Like 1

Hi John,

Glad to become a member of you forum. I'll fill in my profile as soon as possible.

How do you fill in your questionare? Do you have to reload it? Sorry, I'm new here.

My bio in short: I'm a music arranger/composer, I've my own blog which teaches people how to arrange songs.

However I'm just started out about 4 months ago, so I'm still in the beginning stages. I like to be of help to teach

people how to arrange songs in any kind of style. Check out my blog and you'll know a bit more about me.

With friendly greetings,

Hans

• Like 1

What instruments? Piano, Synthesizers, Keyboards, Bass Guitar, Rhythm Guitar

When did you start playing? 8 years old

Did you teach yourself? Mostly not

What is the name of the band? Not at the moment. But I played in fushion bands when I was younger.

What do you play?

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Yes

Do you have a writing partner? No

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Yes

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Yes, http://www.musicarrangerspage.com Go to the "How I Started" page.

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? Music Arranging of popular songs, composing for films, jingles, promos, documentaries, orchestras, etc.

6. Are you a tech head? Moderately

7. What country do you live in? Thailand, but I'm Dutch.

8. What are your ambitions? To promote my music blog so that people will know me. Help other music cats to compose/arrange music for songs.

What are your pastimes? Beside music I teach English at an elementary school to maintain my family. Since 2002 I regulary do meditation.

I think that covers the main musical things! Connect with other people who are similarly interested in arranging music for songs.

Good questions, John

Talk to you later,

Hans

• Like 1

• Noob

What instruments? Bass, guitar, drums, trumpet and the triangle lol

When did you start playing? age 9

Did you teach yourself? 2 months of guitar lessons then rest was self tought

2. Are you in a band or bands? no

3. Do you write songs? yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? both

Do you have a writing partner? no

4. Do you record your music? occasionally

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? yes, garageband and an m-audio firewire interface

Do you use a recording studio? no

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? not yet, working on it

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? I'm my own manager

6. Are you a tech head? very much so lol

7. What country do you live in? Canada

8. What are your ambitions? to live off of making music, don't need much, just rent and food money

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? draw occasionally

What are your pastimes? video games

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? meet some like minded people and learn about other types of music

• Like 1

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? I play Piano & Guitar

What instruments?

When did you start playing? at age 6

Did you teach yourself? I've had both formal & informal training

2. Are you in a band or bands? no

What do you play?

Do you have a band website? www.musicwhirl.com

3. Do you write songs? yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? yes both

Do you have a writing partner? no

4. Do you record your music? yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? yes, protools, pro logic, reason

Do you use a recording studio? yes, Quad Recording Studios in NYC

Do you have music available on the web? yes if so where? www.musicwhirl.com

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? I'm a music producer

6. Are you a tech head? just enough to get the job done!

8. What are your ambitions? world domination LOL

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? NO

What are your pastimes? Animals (reptiles & mammals)

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? collaborations & links to my site

• Like 1

• Noob

• 1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes

What instruments? Sing, play drums, guitar and hammered dulcimer

When did you start playing? I've been singing since I can remember. Started playing drums at around 14 or 15.

Did you teach yourself? Yes. I did have a few drum lessons that essentially changed the whole way I played though. It taught me the gladstone technique. I got a lot out of a very little bit of instruction.

2. Are you in a band or bands? No.

What do you play?

3. Do you write songs? Yes. I've always written lyrics and some vocal ideas. I can now write some melodies if I'm very lucky. It usually happens more by accident than anything else.

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Yes, both but see above.

Do you have a writing partner? No.

4. Do you record your music? I used to.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Condensor mike on cheap boom boxes.

Do you use a recording studio? No.

Do you have music available on the web? yes if so where? No.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? None. I do this for myself.

6. Are you a tech head? Not in the slightest. In fact I think analog recordings are superior in every way to current techniques.

8. What are your ambitions? Take care of my family. Get good recordings of some of the songs I wrote.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? Yes. I pretty much do a little of all that when I have extra time so....no.

What are your pastimes? Home repairs. Spending time with my family.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? What do you got?

• Like 1

Yes

What instruments?

Guitar, bass, piano

When did you start playing?

At the age of 8

Did you teach yourself?

Guitar not, bass and piano I did.

Yes

Face Tomorrow

What do you play?

Guitar

Guitar, Bass, Drums, (backing)vocals

yes: facetomorrow.net

3. Do you write songs?

Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both?

Both, although I could use some help with the lyrics ;)

Not for my own songs. With my band I work with all the other members on songs.

Yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?

Sometimes, of so we use Logic Pro and a whole bunch of gear (as you can see I'm not the recording expert in the band ;))

Do you use a recording studio?

Yes

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?

Yes on facetomorrow.net, my own songs on (amongst others) http://ralflegend.hyves.nl/?ref=sr

None

6. Are you a tech head?

No

The Netherlands

To be a professional songwriter

No

What are your pastimes?

Learn much more about songwriting, meet possible lyricists to work with, and getting to know other people's music.

• Like 1

Here's my info:

1. I play guitar. I have a few other instruments, but don't play them. I've been playing a guitar since my teen years and I taught myself, which explains why I'm not any good at it.

2. I'm not in a band. I'm not that talented.

3. I write both the words and music. I work alone.

4. I record my music in a recorder, just so I can remember it later.

5. No other music roles - as I said earlier, I'm not that talented.

6. I like tech stuff.

7. USA

8. I wanna get my songs published and recorded... yeah, that would be cool.

9. I've drawn cartoons in the past. I'm starting to work on some screenplays and I've been working on some books. I'm always creating.

10. Networking is what I'm mainly interested in.

• Like 1

Hello everyone, this is a great way to get to know something about the people here. I read through these posts and am amazed by the sheer talent you have here. I'll introduce myself the same way here:

Yes

What instruments?

Synthesizers,piano,guitars

When did you start playing?

More than 20 years ago

Did you teach yourself?

For the most part yes.

Not at this time no. I do play weekly ay my church.

N/A

What do you play?

Anything from rock and pop to classical and jazz

N/A

I have a a few personal websites no band website.

3. Do you write songs?

Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both?

Both but I am better at music than lyrics.

No

Yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?

Setup- Intel Q8300 8gb ram,dual monitors, dual HDD DAW optimized, Sonar X-1 producer expanded.Presonus Firestudio,Mackie 1402,various microphones,M-audio Bx8a monitors,ARC2 64bit,Amplitube 3 with fender, metal and Jimmy Hendrix paks, Guitar rig 5,sampletekk White grand,Ozone 4&5,TRacks deluxe,Yamaha Motif,Roland Juno stage 76

Kontakt5,Various VST plug ins , instruments and libraries,Line 6 pod HD500,Variax JTV 69,Various other guitars,keyboards,controllers and effects.

Do you use a recording studio?

No

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?

Yes- http://soundcloud.com/search?q%5Bfulltext%5D=starise

http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/starise

None at this time....yet.

N/A

6. Are you a tech head?

I'm maybe 30% geek I think.

United States

To be a better musician and writer. To continue to play well with others. To make good music.To glorify my maker in what I do.

Only music. I used to draw non stop years ago but that was then.

What are your pastimes?

Playing and making music. Sitting on the porch.Movies. Occasionally doing something crazy like jumping out of an airplane or going ziplining.

Interaction with likeminded individuals.

• Like 1