Your Ad Could Be Here

Getting To Know You

1 hour ago, Branden said:

My partner is the one with the thesis. Linguistics.

Me? I struggle to describe a verb 😆

well you won't have problems with someone to critique/edit lyrics then at least :D

12 hours ago, Cody said:

well you won't have problems with someone to critique/edit lyrics then at least :D

Ha! Definitely.

Although I would have to watch out for a single song lyric somehow becoming 80,000 words long and taking 4 years to finish 🤣

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments?

Self Taught to an extent on the keyboard, 

2. Are you in a band or bands?

Unfortunately not

3. Do you write songs?

Yes i try to write songs but my vocals are very subpar. I love to write songs with certain artists in mind, my only struggle has been finding vocalists to work with

4. Do you record your music?

Yes i have a mini set up in my home 'office' with focusrite, FL Studio and a shure sm57

Most of my productions can be found on soundcloud: 

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

Mostly music production

6. Are you a tech head?

7. What country do you live in?

United Kingdom

8. What are your ambitions?

I would love to score a big budget film one day or have a grammy or two 😛

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

I love to animes and have tried to write one or two. 

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

Feedback and collaborations mainly on productions that i have worked on and others have. I am at a point now where i would like to work with more people and in this Pandemic, it has forced me to be more proactive.

• Like 1

@Samson Reece welcome! took a quick peruse through some of your tracks at least on some titles that caught my eye! good stuff!

• Noob

Hi everyone, my names Johnny from Glasgow always been looking for a place to make real connections with other like minded people. Really glad I found this site :)

What instruments? Mostly acoustic guitar a little keyboard and always vocals

When did you start playing? Around 13 years years old on and off till 33

Did you teach yourself? Yeah never had a lesson in guitar or singing 

2. Are you in a band or bands? No

What is the name of the band? N/a

What do you play? N/a

What other instruments are in the band? N/a

Do you have a band website? N/a

3. Do you write songs? Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Mostly lyrics with my acoustic guitar 

Do you have a writing partner? No never had the privilege or writing with anyone else

4. Do you record your music? Yes but very raw, I'm not much of the producer 

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Very basic when the kids aren't running around I will try do some recording with my scarlett and protools or reaper 

Do you use a recording studio? Not yet

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Only on soundcloud was on insta for a while but wasn't really my scene, this one of soundcloud hasn't got much in regards to production so its very raw 😁

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? Musics my passion but never made a penny off it 😂

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? No

6. Are you a tech head? I have a degree in Cyber security and networks 

7. What country do you live in? Scotland 

8. What are your ambitions? Maybe one day make the push to make a living from my passion 

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? No

What are your pastimes? Playing the guitar when I'm not chasing my kids about 

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Already read some of the stuff on the forums really glad to have found it, looking forward to meeting everyone 🙂

Edited by Johnny

9 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Hi everyone, my names Johnny from Glasgow always been lolking for a place to make real connections with other like minded people. Really glad I found this site :)

What instruments? Mostly acoustic guitar a little keyboard and always vocals

When did you start playing? Around 13 years years old on and off till 33

Did you teach yourself? Yeah never had a lesson in guitar or singing 

2. Are you in a band or bands? No

What is the name of the band? N/a

What do you play? N/a

What other instruments are in the band? N/a

Do you have a band website? N/a

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Mostly lyrics with my acoustic guitar 

Do you have a writing partner? No never had the privilege or writing with anyone else

4. Do you record your music? Yes but very raw, I'm not much of the producer 

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Very basic when the kids aren't running around I will try do some recording with my scarlett and protools or reaper 

Do you use a recording studio? Not yet

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Only on soundcloud was on insta for a while but wasn't really my scene, this one of soundcloud hasn't got much in regards to production so its very raw 😁

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? Musics my passion but never made a penny off it 😂

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? No

6. Are you a tech head? I have a degree in Cyber security and networks 

7. What country do you live in? Scotland 

8. What are your ambitions? Maybe one day make the push to make a living from my passion 

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? No

What are your pastimes? Playing the guitar when I'm not chasing my kids about 

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Already read some of the stuff on the forums really glad to have found it, looking forward to meeting everyone 🙂

hey Johnny, good to meet you! Glasgow Scotland? That’s where I live. :) Dive in, have fun. Any questions, just ask :)

• Noob
11 minutes ago, john said:

hey Johnny, good to meet you! Glasgow Scotland? That’s where I live. :) Dive in, have fun. Any questions, just ask :)

Thanks John great to meet you, yeah I'm just next to the glasgow fort. Great to see people so close to me 🙂

6 hours ago, Johnny said:

Thanks John great to meet you, yeah I'm just next to the glasgow fort. Great to see people so close to me 🙂

Ah cool, I'm on the Southside a mile from Hampden

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 2:03 AM, Cody said:

@Samson Reece welcome! took a quick peruse through some of your tracks at least on some titles that caught my eye! good stuff!

Thank you Cody! Glad to be here, thanks alot for taking a look

• Like 1

• Noob

1. I sing, play multiple instruments?

2. What instruments? Acoustic guitar, ukulele, tenor banjo, recorder, tin whistles, and some light hand percussion instruments.

3. When did you start playing? Around age 14 or 15. I'm now just this side of 65.

4. Did you teach yourself? For the most part, yes.

5. Are you in a band or bands? I was, but am not currently. Former member of folk duo "Merlynn" (1977-1981) formed by myself and college roommate John Oglesby. Also a 20-year veteran of former popular folk group "The Lite Side" (1990-2010) with Mary Beaman, Keith Bailey and formerly Mary Dahl. We had the good fortune during those years to open for "The Kingston Trio" at the Carlisle Theatre, and also appeared several times at The White House. Sang through the 80's with my sister, Liz, first as "Merlyn & Morgana" and later with a lap steel player and bassist as "Dragon Country".

6. What is the name of the band? Please see above.

7, What do you play? Folk music mostly.

8. What other instruments were in the band? 12-string guitar, banjo, mandolin, upright bass.

9. Do you have a band website? No, not in years. I do have a page for my music on Facebook as well as on Soundclick.

10. Do you write songs? Yes, though not as frequently as I used to. I seem to have lost my teenage angst.

11. Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both

12. Do you have a writing partner? I used to write both with my sister and with my partner in my first band, but again that is many years gone by.

13.. Do you record your music? Yes, though not professionally.

14. Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? I suppose Audacity is my studio these days.

15. Do you use a recording studio? Not since The Lite Side split up.

16. Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Yes. As mentioned previously, on Facebook and Soundclick. I've also got a page on Reverbnation.

17. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? None of the above.

18. Are you a tech head? I wouldn't say so.

19. What country do you live in? United States

20. What are your ambitions? To get through the pandemic without dying.

21. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I sometimes have been known to do all those things.

22. What are your pastimes? I tend the vegetable garden and can and freeze food gathered from it. And spend as much time in the woods as possible.

23. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? I haven't explored the site that much yet, so I remain open to possibilities.

Peace to all.

Morgan

• Like 2

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes

What instruments? Keyboard

When did you start playing? 2005 seriously. Before I was just messing around

Did you teach yourself? Somewhat, I did get some basic piano lessons and took it from there

2. Are you in a band or bands? Yes

What is the name of the band? Max Samuel

What do you play? Keyboard / Midi Drum Pad / Controller

What other instruments are in the band? Drum Machine

Do you have a band website? Follow me on Spotify & YouTube

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both

Do you have a writing partner? I have friends I collaborate with from time to time.

4. Do you record your music? Yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Yes sometimes for some projects

Gear:

16GB Ram 3.2 Ghz i5 PC

Mbox 2 Interface

M Audio Keyboard

VST Instruments

MXL 990 Condenser Microphone

Do you use a recording studio? Yes

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Spotify & YouTube

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? Label owner and music producer.

6. Are you a tech head? Yes I love computers and music equipment any techy stuff 🤓

7. What country do you live in? Kingston, Jamaica

8. What are your ambitions? To make good music and collaborate with talented artistes and musician all over the world.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? Yes I do a lil Graphic Design @artworx876 at IG & FB

What are your pastimes? Making music and doing graphics 🤷‍♀️ chilling with my family

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? An opportunity to expose my talent and network

I think that covers the main musical things!

• Like 4

Yes - I have played piano for around 10 years with lessons. Also the tiniest bit of bass guitar (not enough to even make me a beginner!) I sing in choirs but I don't think my voice is very good at the moment, am looking to get singing lessons sometime in the near future.

Not any touring bands as such, but I take part in the jazz band at university.

3. Do you write songs?

I write songs, both music and lyrics. I find lyrics are definitely the harder of the two.

Do you have a writing partner?

No, but I have a small circle of friends who I share my music with.

Yes, though not very well. At the moment only my instrumental (solo piano) compositions get recorded, though when I start singing I would like to properly record some of my songs. 

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?

Yes, though at the moment I'm pretty much a beginner at the whole recording/production side of music. At home I have my dad's scarlett 2i4, an iMac and a Roland FP40 keyboard.

Do you use a recording studio?

No. 

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?

I have a YouTube channel where I upload my finished compositions (the ones which have been recorded). There are quite a few I haven't recorded so aren't on there. Also featured are a lot of my old Garageband songs which I made when I was younger. Just so I don't keep coming back and editing them.  If you want to have a look here is the link

None (I am a university student, studing Music and German)

6. Are you a tech head?

Not really. It's something I might want to get into the future

England (UK)

Long term goal: I would love to be able to be my own music artist and release whatever my hearts desire, bound by no genre but my imagination. I would like to have the pipes to carry my own tunes and the skills to take whatever I hear in my head and churn out a finished piece of music, whether that be on a score or a DAW.

Shorter term: I would like to work on combatting my perfectionism, which has for years prevented me from finishing as much music as I would have liked to. Finishing one piece/song at a time and slowly building up a portfolio of music.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuits?

Not currently.

What are your pastimes?

German (half of my university course alongside music, so probably a bit more than a pastime!) Genealogy i.e. (family history) and the occasional bit of photography.

I'm using this as a motivator to really combat my perfectionism and practise my lyric writing. By reading everyone else's lyrics and giving/receiving feedback I hope to open my eyes to new possibilities in the process of lyric writing - better than sitting behind a piano waiting for inspiration to strike. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2009 at 10:30 AM, john said:

Hey

Yes i sing and write songs well make my own songs.

What instruments? I play guitar.

When did you start playing? Couple of years back.

Did you teach yourself? Yes i did.

What is the name of the band? Nope i am a solo artist.

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? I write songs, maybe a little bit of both.

Do you have a writing partner? not yet 

I do but i don't have a home studio or anything.  

Do you use a recording studio? nope

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? i have few of my songs posted on soundcloud.

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? None of it yet.

6. Are you a tech head?  Nope 

7. What country do you live in? Nepal

I want people to love my music and what I make. 

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

Dance 

What are your pastimes? Write songs, make songs, read, dance

To get more knowledge about what i am doing.

I think that covers the main musical things!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Noob

Hello :D

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? I am a singer and lyricist who is learning to play the piano. I have attempted to play guitar and bass in the past, but it never really stuck. I started writing lyrics when I was 16, 20 odd years ago.

2. Are you in a band or bands? Not at the moment.

3. Do you write songs? I write lyrics and music, however most of my songs are in various stages of completion. I have vocal melodies that need chords, some lyrics that are just words and some songs that need finishing (intros, outros, middle 8s etc.). I wish I had a song writing partner, maybe at some point :)

4. Do you record your music? I tend to only record basic ideas and prefer to go and record things properly with some session musos in a studio. I have a basic USB recording interface that helps capture my voice and piano. My EP So Far can be found on most platforms.

I'm honestly trying to focus on the music, loving learning and playing as much as I can rather than getting bogged odwn in admin.

6. Are you a tech head? Nope :)

7. What country do you live in? Australia

8. What are your ambitions? To work through this stack of lyrics I have and write as many songs as I can. Perhaps look at collaboration and having a band.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I have a creative job where I make eLearning content and I get to play around with design but I also am into fibre arts (crochet, punch needle) and have tried my hand at many art forms (mosaic, beading, quilting etc.)

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Meet like minded people. I'd like to find if there is a group of people who listen to indie folk rock music who want to talk about lyrics, what they like, why they like them. If anyone knows about any threads or groups, let me know.

Edited by Kim Franklin
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? 

What instruments? Acoustic Rhythm Guitar; Electric Rhythm and Some lead Guitar, Modern Piano (not a classical pianists), Bass Guitar, some drums, some vocals. 

When did you start playing? 6th grade, roughly 1995.

Did you teach yourself? Yes and No.  I did take lessons here and there.

What is the name of the band? Not right now.

What do you play? I’ve played different roles in the past. 

What other instruments are in the band? Rock band set up. 

Do you have a band website? No.

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? I have but it’s been years.

Do you have a writing partner? Not really. 

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? I do.  HP Envy Intel Core i7; 16Gig memory; 512 Gig SSD; M-Audio (about 16 years old), Pro Tools 13.1.0, Reason 11 (Just upgraded my programs), just installed East West Symphonic Orchestral Silver Edition, and an older Roland - E-09 keyboard as my midi controller.  

Do you use a recording studio? A room in my basement

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? SoundCloud 

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? Right now I’m a music teacher.  Just got into it a couple months ago.  Everything else is a hobby. 

6. Are you a tech head? Not yet!

7. What country do you live in? USA

8. What are your ambitions? DJing has interested me but still figuring it out. 

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? No.

A community to connect with.  Find inspiration and excitement!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • Noob

Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes 

What instruments? Mainly guitar 

When did you start playing? 2014

Did you teach yourself? Yes, and learning with friends 

What is the name of the band? Not currently 

What do you play? guitar 

What other instruments are in the band? 

Do you have a band website?

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Used to co-write 

Do you have a writing partner? 

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Yes 

Do you use a recording studio? Yes 

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Not my own personal music 

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? Management all the way, 

6. Are you a tech head? I'm deffo interested in tech but i wouldn't say i'm a techhead 

7. What country do you live in? England 

8. What are your ambitions? To Become a well rounded artist manager and be there on the journey to bring an artist into the world 

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I write occasionally 

What are your pastimes? socialising and building up a network 

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? I wannna get to know likeminded people and ofc see how it can benefit myself for future aspirations - Sure not too dissimilar to most  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

What instruments? I play the piano though I'm not the best at it lol.

When did you start playing? about a year or so ago.

Did you teach yourself? Yes.

What is the name of the band? No

What do you play?

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? I write both.

Do you have a writing partner? I wish, but writing lyrics feels so vulnerable and almost exclusive I struggle to write something with someone unless it's for them.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Yes I do, I use logic and I use a Neumann TLM 102.

Do you use a recording studio? No.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? I have it out on all platforms but my most popular is soundcloud where I have a pretty decent fanbase growing for a 15 year old, I'd like to believe my music shows promise 2 lol. 

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? A friend ;).

6. Are you a tech head? No shits stressful.

7. What country do you live in? United States

8. What are your ambitions? I don't even f*cking know but I do know that I love music so much and that's where my focus lays, I also like fashion and have done some slight modeling work and I tell friends and family I want to be an art director but that's bullshit.

What are your pastimes? I have so much shit I wanna do. Right now I write poems and I guess if u want to call modeling a creative pursuit that as well and I am a very shitty video editor but I just do that for fun.

I think that covers the main musical things! I want to meet some more ppl and find cool music friends!!!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Noob

What instruments?   Voice (bass/barytone). Beatbox. Drums. Keys. Guitar. Trumpet. 

"I sing and I rap, I hold this mic contact, critics can step back and analyze" (KOS) 

When did you start playing? At age 13 when I was first given an instrument in school.  Singing since my diaper saga. Beatboxing at age 14. 

Did you teach yourself? Good question. 

"I'm the lead singer of my band my salsa makes all the pretty girls want to dance, I'm the lead singer of my band my salsa makes you take off your underpants" (Eminem)

What is the name of the band? 

"Don't even know the name of my band..." (Eminem)

No, sorry, I actually don't have a band. But I'd love to be in a hip-hop collective. Maybe when I'll turn 50 I'll create a 2000s pop-rap nostalgia tribute group. 

What do you play? See instruments.

3. Do you write songs?       That's the idea.

Do you write lyrics, music or both?   Both.

"I try to (...) and I choke. Try to walk away and I stumble." (Macy Gray)

Do you have a writing partner?   Right now, maybe just my girlfriend.

4. Do you record your music?  It always sounds shittier than live, but yes, just recently started to actually.

My phone, first and foremost. In my awesome music room, there's a decent microphone, wired up to a Focusrite soundcard. And a Traktor DJ pad, with an input from an electronic drum. And the aforementioned instruments lying around somewhere 

Do you use a recording studio?

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?  I seriously hope not.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?    I consume music. Sometimes I pay for it.

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other?   Actually, I'm in the healthcare business.

6. Are you a tech head?   Is that a new drug?

"Ô Canada! Our home and native land"

8. What are your ambitions? I'm passionate about music, but since I have so many varied interests, unfortunately, I can't give them all enough importance in my daily routine. Having recently bought a house, and being in the process to starting a familly, not to mention working long hours each week as a physician, music is something of an escape right now. Still, although a work in progress, my musical ambitions are limited to finding kindred spirits out there or just like-minded people, as potential collaborators. In the meantime, I just go to my music room and just chill out.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?  I do write. I think jotting down thoughts in a spontaneous visual/verbal form is clearly therapeutic for me. Poetry is an example. 

What are your pastimes? I am trying to be a grown-up, and a so-called "scientist", but usually I kind of fail at it and blame it on my "artistic side". 

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?   Meet people! Jesus Christ please help me. 

Edited by Cos
  • Like 2