Your Ad Could Be Here

Good Evening

SonicR

Hello

The old introduction thing again. Maybe I should have a template that I just cut and paste every time I join a forum / go for a job interview...

I'm based in the north of England, been writing songs for over two years now. Started off with instrumentals, but this year decided to write songs that are sung. Love the new challenges that lyrics bring.

I'm here to meet new people, inspirations, advice and generally exchange thoughts and views on music and the songwriting process. I don't intend performing my own stuff, I'm strictly behind the scenes. I'll let those braver than me take the applause (or the boos!)

Chris

Hey Chris, how's it going? Which side of the Pennines are you?

I'll let those braver than me take the applause
- my voice isn't good enough due to fags but I hear ya. Part of the dream is to have one of your idols sing one of your songs.

It's quite a comprehensive forum.
That's what makes it soooo good and why when you get here, you don't leave. I've yet to go round the entire site once lol.

Welcome aboard m8, too few of us Northerners here haha.

Thanks for the welcome FinnArild. I've just been listening to the sound clips of your Testament album. That is some achievement and something that I would aspire to. You've created some complex and beautiful elements there. I've been a fan of Genesis, admittedly post-Gabriel stuff, since about 1978/79.

Justsoulin - China must be quite an experience and a culture shock after Lancashire.

I couldn't even begin to say lol. You've got to put all you know away and start again. Only living here gets you an idea of it. A holiday doesn't and the media as we know in every country is controlled. Even your local take-away is far removed from the real deal.

Thanks for the welcome FinnArild. I've just been listening to the sound clips of your Testament album. That is some achievement and something that I would aspire to. You've created some complex and beautiful elements there. I've been a fan of Genesis, admittedly post-Gabriel stuff, since about 1978/79.

Thanks - it's available for free streaming on Spotify.

• 2 weeks later...