Your Ad Could Be Here

• Noob

Hello veterans and newbs!

I am new to the forum. Please feel free to stop by and say hello.

I have been in the buying mood in the last month. I just acquired quite a bit of equip. I am up for suggestions on studio arrangement, tips and tricks when miking up, acoustic arrangement, recording structure, MASTERING TIPS!, etc. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

My gear is as follows:

-Peavey 5150 II modded head with brand new tubes (clean channel is actually clean)

-Bogner Ubercab

-Ibanez TS9 30th Anniversary tube screamer

-ESP Ltd FX 260SM

-Tascam DP 24 Digital Multitracker/Portastudio

-Pair of Yamaha HS50M's with HS10W subwoofer

-Pair of Auralex isolation pads

-Grace M101 Mic and Instrument Preamp

-BBE 882i Sonic Max

-Rode NT2A with pop filter and shock mount

-Sennheiser e835 Performance Mic

-Yamaha YPG-235 76-key keyboard w/ M-Audio sustain pedal

-Yamaha DTXplorer Electronic Drumset with DW3000 double bass pedal

-Peavey 300 Series EQ/Power Amp with one self-monitor

-Ibanez cutout acoustic burgundy tigerwood, Epiphone Jumbo acoustic

-Epiphone Les Paul red electric

-Proel Tripod Mic Stand

-The Art of Mixing 2nd Edition

-Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio

-Melody in Songwriting

-Writing Better Lyrics

Once I have all my recording gear where I think it should go, I will post some pics. Please give me any suggestions you think would help in getting great quality mixes. I am submitting an Auralex free room-analysis. I am going to use the mirror-trick to start with and then go from there. If there is any cheaper material you guys use for acoustic treatment that is actually effective, please let me know!

Thanks for checking this post out. Message me if you wish!

Johnny

welcome to Songstuff :)

There are a few advantages I can think of... no audio glitches being a big plus. Even easier if you can plig in a monitor or two and control it from a puter. portable and stable as a recording environment. you can still employ a good sound card for certain features such as a puter based sampler or synth

big drawbacks are often they cannot be expanded and you can't slowly build a system as you can when a puter is the core... so a relatively high entry cost.