Your Ad Could Be Here

Where Did Jazz Music Begin?

• Noob

Hey guys.. I'm Adrienne

Super psyched to be here. My passion is Jazz music. Jazz music began in New Orleans during the 1950's. That was the time when America was busy fighting for civil rights. Jazz music was created by the oppressed because of their emotions and feelings at that time. That is why jazz music has sooo much minor and diminished chords... Nevertheless, recent jazz music is not only about the oppressed but its transformed into something beautiful. Its about love, friendship, and basically life... 

:note:  :noise:  :noise:  :vocals:

Welcome to Songstuff Adrienne :)

If you want more people joining in to discuss the jazz topic I'd recommend starting a topic on Jazz in the musician's lounge. You'll probably get more people taking part.

That said, picking up on what David (HoboSage) said, I was aware of early Jazz evolving from the New Orleans Creole scene in the late 1800s (1880 - 1900) but I didn't realise it went back further as a music form in it's own right. Interesting. :)

Archived