Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello

Jeff Harris

Hi.  My name is Jeff.  Took up playing the acoustic maybe 5 years ago.  I own a Yamaha FG730S, cherry sunburst.  Just looking to learn campfire chord stuff, which I picked up watching Youtube tutorials and online info, charts, etc.  I don't know, or haven't practiced enough scales.  I like rhythm and strum mostly, some minor picking fills.  I like Dave Grohl, Eddie Vedder, Aaron Lewis type of acoustic guitarist.  Especially Aaron Lewis.  First song I learned was But Honestly by the Foo Fighters.  I love rock but seem to write, play and sing more country like.  I enjoy the idea of creating my thoughts and emotions into an acoustic story.  I am not confident in my singing voice but am confident that my confidence will change...someday...I think.  My wife thinks I just beat myself up.  

Looking forward to learning some new things from you guys, pick up some ideas and keep having fun with this.  I'm not expecting to go anywhere with my music and/or songs but I think I'm just looking for some 3rd party honesty and simply, "what you think" and sharing my "what I thinks" as well.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff and  welcome to Song stuff.  I'm a newbee too and just learning about this new community. You sound passionate about what you do.  You never stop learning and creating.  And hopefully by sharing you find out how wonderful you really are.